- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 June 2016 11:44
- Published on Tuesday, 14 June 2016 10:43
- Hits: 596
Colonial Beach Vice-Mayor Eddie Blunt, in a prepared address to his fellow council members Thursday, said the historic Potomac River town is making progress, but much remains to be done if Colonial Beach is to again become a thriving community.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 March 2016 18:58
- Published on Wednesday, 23 March 2016 18:58
- Hits: 836
Dust from roads causes health, sanitation problems, local couple says
The Colonial Beach town council recently committed $150,000 a year to paving dirt roads within the town.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 10:08
- Published on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 10:01
- Hits: 1380
Representatives Blake McDonald and Carey Jones from the Virginia Department of Historical Resources joined Heather Staton and Chris Manning from Dovetail Cultural Resources Group to speak on March 1 in Colonial Beach about a historical survey being conducted in the town.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 March 2016 10:05
- Published on Tuesday, 01 March 2016 10:05
- Hits: 1064
Town Attorney Andrea Erard approached the Colonial Beach Town Council at its February work session for direction on restructuring the town's pier ordinance.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 February 2016 10:34
- Published on Tuesday, 16 February 2016 10:34
- Hits: 947
$150,000 per year from CIP set aside for improving dirt roads
Like previous councils the current Colonial beach Town Council has been talking about working to pave dirt roads in Colonial Beach since January. What’s different this year is that the council passed a resolution at the Feb 11 meeting to solidify their commitment to long term funding.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 January 2016 15:46
- Published on Tuesday, 26 January 2016 15:46
- Hits: 1070
The Town of Colonial Beach has roughly $1.2 to $1.3 million set aside for capital improvements according to Mayor Mike Ham. The town vouncil met with town staff for four hours on Wed Jan 20 to decide how best to spend it.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:25
- Published on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:25
- Hits: 1233
Colonial Beach Town Council performed several house cleaning tasks during their Jan 14 meeting.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:43
- Published on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:43
- Hits: 1424
Colonial Beach is one of three towns to be included in a survey of historic resources conducted by the Virginia Department of Historical Resources, partnered with Northern Neck, Tidewater and Eastern Shore localities.
DHR was awarded funding from a larger $1.5 million Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Assistance Grant back in 2014 for historic properties and national park services. The grant funds research to identify future risk of storm damage and planning to protect from storms for historical properties.