- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:41
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:41
- Hits: 215
During a long budget work session held on April 15 the council wrapped up discussions after almost five hours by discussing the possibility of advertising a 25-cent real estate tax increase.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:35
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:35
- Hits: 349
It’s not surprising that people who routinely follow news on the Colonial Beach School System are confused, since both Town Council and the School Board also seemed confused as to what has been approved for funding and what hasn’t.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Hits: 638
Colonial Beach Town Council spilled the beans about Town employee Theresa Davis’ charge of trespassing, filed against her by a citizen of the town, during a reconvened work session on Thursday, March 28.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Hits: 818
After two rounds of advertising and several meetings to discuss applicants for the position of Chief of Police for the Colonial Beach Police Department (CBPD), the town council is expected to introduce a new police chief at the March 13 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 15:09
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:51
- Hits: 1188
A significant snowstorm hit the little Town of Colonial Beach beginning on the evening of Wednesday, Feb.12. And town crews began plowing just after midnight. Residents woke up to plowed roads, but a few people were in disbelief. Some residents complained about the high snow left in front of their driveways by the plows, but for the most part, many residents were very pleased with the town’s response to, and management of last week’s snow.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:56
- Published on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:23
- Hits: 1414
The recent resignation of Colonial Beach Town Councilman Tim Curtin has raised questions about Councilwoman Linda Brubaker’s seat on the Town Council.
Curtin quit unexpectedly after an early morning meeting on Nov. 14. At the regular Town Council meeting later that evening, Town Attorney Andrea Erard provided a resolution to follow proper procedures to fill the vacant town council seat.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Hits: 1100
The Colonial Beach Town Council started the year 2013 feeling good about their involvement in helping the remaining residents of the BeachGate Inn, located at 800 Colonial Ave. in Colonial Beach, stay in their dwellings until after the holiday season and guiding them towards help in relocating to other places to live.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:50
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:39
- Hits: 1450
Despite having interviewed two applicants, Linda Crandell and Polly Parks, the Colonial Beach Town Council could not reach a consensus on whom to appoint to fill the vacant seat left by Tim Curtin, who resigned on Nov. 14. The council voted five-to-one to appoint George “Pete” Bone to serve until the special election.