- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Hits: 1169
After two rounds of advertising and several meetings to discuss applicants for the position of Chief of Police for the Colonial Beach Police Department (CBPD), the town council is expected to introduce a new police chief at the March 13 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 15:09
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:51
- Hits: 1495
A significant snowstorm hit the little Town of Colonial Beach beginning on the evening of Wednesday, Feb.12. And town crews began plowing just after midnight. Residents woke up to plowed roads, but a few people were in disbelief. Some residents complained about the high snow left in front of their driveways by the plows, but for the most part, many residents were very pleased with the town’s response to, and management of last week’s snow.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:56
- Published on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:23
- Hits: 1738
The recent resignation of Colonial Beach Town Councilman Tim Curtin has raised questions about Councilwoman Linda Brubaker’s seat on the Town Council.
Curtin quit unexpectedly after an early morning meeting on Nov. 14. At the regular Town Council meeting later that evening, Town Attorney Andrea Erard provided a resolution to follow proper procedures to fill the vacant town council seat.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Hits: 1362
The Colonial Beach Town Council started the year 2013 feeling good about their involvement in helping the remaining residents of the BeachGate Inn, located at 800 Colonial Ave. in Colonial Beach, stay in their dwellings until after the holiday season and guiding them towards help in relocating to other places to live.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:50
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:39
- Hits: 1699
Despite having interviewed two applicants, Linda Crandell and Polly Parks, the Colonial Beach Town Council could not reach a consensus on whom to appoint to fill the vacant seat left by Tim Curtin, who resigned on Nov. 14. The council voted five-to-one to appoint George “Pete” Bone to serve until the special election.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:20
- Hits: 1962
The Colonial Beach Town Council met on Monday, Dec. 9, to interview two candidates to fill the town council seat left vacant by Tim Curtin when he resigned last month.
The candidates interviewed were Linda Crandell and Polly Parks.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:03
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:04
- Hits: 1338
Although auditor Billy Robinson of Brown Edwards & Company, LLP issued the Town of Colonial Beach a clean opinion for fiscal year 2013, at the Nov. 21 council work session, he cautioned the council, “The town really needs to examine more closely, how far off the tax projections were to the actual taxes collected. For property taxes, it was $122,000 less than budgeted (or projected), for other local taxes, it was $82,000 less than budgeted.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:37
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:37
- Hits: 1424
Every council has one. It seems that every council has at least one transaction, ordinance or resolution that blows up in its face. While the current Colonial Beach Town Council has no lack of these, the Hamilton Street vacation has to be the most embarrassing land transaction for the council, so far this year.