- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:54
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:53
- Hits: 969
At the Colonial Beach public hearings on tax increases and utility hikes, the Town Council got an ear full. Residents spoke out on raising real estate taxes, marina and boat owners spoke out against reinstating the boat tax, and a few brave citizens spoke in support of raising taxes and fees, getting some negative reactions by the majority of the crowd.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 1017
On April 28, the Colonial Beach Town Council decided to go through the 2014-2015 fiscal year budget line by line, to see where they could make cuts. After five hours on Monday, both Councilwomen Linda Brubaker and Wanda Goforth they had not accomplished a thing.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:00
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:00
- Hits: 1635
In Colonial Beach, the town’s sewer fund is currently losing money. The town council has been warned since 2012, but so far, the council has not taken action to rectify the problem. The 2012 council went so far as to raise water rates, but lower connection fees, resulting in user fees being used to subsidize the connection fees.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:41
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:41
- Hits: 1124
During a long budget work session held on April 15 the council wrapped up discussions after almost five hours by discussing the possibility of advertising a 25-cent real estate tax increase.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:35
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:35
- Hits: 1191
It’s not surprising that people who routinely follow news on the Colonial Beach School System are confused, since both Town Council and the School Board also seemed confused as to what has been approved for funding and what hasn’t.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Hits: 1700
Colonial Beach Town Council spilled the beans about Town employee Theresa Davis’ charge of trespassing, filed against her by a citizen of the town, during a reconvened work session on Thursday, March 28.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Hits: 1395
After two rounds of advertising and several meetings to discuss applicants for the position of Chief of Police for the Colonial Beach Police Department (CBPD), the town council is expected to introduce a new police chief at the March 13 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 15:09
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:51
- Hits: 1662
A significant snowstorm hit the little Town of Colonial Beach beginning on the evening of Wednesday, Feb.12. And town crews began plowing just after midnight. Residents woke up to plowed roads, but a few people were in disbelief. Some residents complained about the high snow left in front of their driveways by the plows, but for the most part, many residents were very pleased with the town’s response to, and management of last week’s snow.