- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 12:10
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 01:05
- Hits: 1149
At the June 9 Colonial Beach Town Council work session, Town Manger Val Foulds revealed that air quality tests confirmed three types of mold present in Town Hall, one of which is commonly referred to as “black mold”. Foulds also discussed safety concerns and other repair issues during the work session.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:54
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:53
- Hits: 997
At the Colonial Beach public hearings on tax increases and utility hikes, the Town Council got an ear full. Residents spoke out on raising real estate taxes, marina and boat owners spoke out against reinstating the boat tax, and a few brave citizens spoke in support of raising taxes and fees, getting some negative reactions by the majority of the crowd.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 1040
On April 28, the Colonial Beach Town Council decided to go through the 2014-2015 fiscal year budget line by line, to see where they could make cuts. After five hours on Monday, both Councilwomen Linda Brubaker and Wanda Goforth they had not accomplished a thing.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:00
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:00
- Hits: 1655
In Colonial Beach, the town’s sewer fund is currently losing money. The town council has been warned since 2012, but so far, the council has not taken action to rectify the problem. The 2012 council went so far as to raise water rates, but lower connection fees, resulting in user fees being used to subsidize the connection fees.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:41
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:41
- Hits: 1141
During a long budget work session held on April 15 the council wrapped up discussions after almost five hours by discussing the possibility of advertising a 25-cent real estate tax increase.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:35
- Published on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 00:35
- Hits: 1214
It’s not surprising that people who routinely follow news on the Colonial Beach School System are confused, since both Town Council and the School Board also seemed confused as to what has been approved for funding and what hasn’t.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Hits: 1753
Colonial Beach Town Council spilled the beans about Town employee Theresa Davis’ charge of trespassing, filed against her by a citizen of the town, during a reconvened work session on Thursday, March 28.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Hits: 1425
After two rounds of advertising and several meetings to discuss applicants for the position of Chief of Police for the Colonial Beach Police Department (CBPD), the town council is expected to introduce a new police chief at the March 13 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting.