- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:49
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:49
- Hits: 1918
Clayton L. Shepherd found himself before the Colonial Beach Town Council for the third time, fighting for the right to purchase an 827-sq.-ft. piece of land adjoining his property.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 27 June 2013 23:01
- Published on Thursday, 27 June 2013 23:01
- Hits: 2344
Colonial Beach Town Council held a special meeting this evening to vote on advertised tax increases and the town’s budget for fiscal year 2013-14.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:42
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:37
- Hits: 1575
Colonial Beach Town Council may have a hard time deciphering the majority opinion on which taxes to raise after last week’s public hearing on the matter.
The council had previously promised to fund the school system the full amount it requested. Now, they are scrambling to find a way to fulfill that promise.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 11:04
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:02
- Hits: 1467
Colonial Beach Town Council spent a great deal of time at the June meeting on two ordinances that would vacate two town-owned parcels and approve the sale to adjoining property owners. Both of which required public hearings.
The council voted unanimously to vacate the properties, but resistance from council members caused the sale of one property to be set aside for a later date.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 22:42
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:41
- Hits: 2141
Newest member of Colonial Beach Town Council, Linda Brubaker, was met with opposition from other council members when she presented some ideas to boost revenue, as well as citizen and staff concerns.
Brubaker told the council that she and Councilman Tommy Edwards had met with Building and Zoning
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 22:44
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:34
- Hits: 1841
Colonial Beach Town Manager Val Foulds updated the council on recent issues at the Thursday session of the Town Council work session.
Town staff is working on next fiscal year’s budget, which begins July 1. Foulds reported that town staff participated in a four-hour workshop on Tuesday, Feb. 26, to review revenue projections only.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:39
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:39
- Hits: 2726
The new council wasted no time making significant changes to procedures for council meetings. Mayor Mike Ham allowed speakers more time at the podium and even allowed one speaker to identify various citizens by name, some the speaker complimented and others the speaker openly attacked, an activity that had been prohibited by former Mayor Fred Rummage. Later Ham commented, “That’s the price we pay for freedom of speech.”
- Last Updated on Thursday, 10 January 2013 23:49
- Published on Thursday, 10 January 2013 23:40
- Hits: 5014
Council appoints Captain William Seay Interim Chief
Councilman Tommy Edwards abstained from the vote to accept Blevins' resignation but voted for Seay's appointment to interim Chief of Police.
Colonial Beach Chief of Police Kenneth Blevins, Sr. walked out of Town Center after attending a closed meeting with Council and Town Manager Val Foulds. Blevins collected his belongings from his normal seat and left the building without speaking to anyone.