- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:25
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:25
- Hits: 1257
The October 24 Colonial Beach Town Council Work Session was customarily long. As usual, it was not without its controversies.
Some members of council were upset over citizen Jay Jarvis’ work on the Boardwalk Vendor Program.
Jarvis, responding to repeated requests from the current council to all citizens to volunteer their expertise to help resolve issues in the town, took charge of researching and inquiries to vendors and business owners to revamp the Boardwalk Vendor Program.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 12:39
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:49
- Hits: 3486
At the October 24 Colonial Beach Town Council work session, what began with a discussion started by Councilman Jim Chiarello on proceeding to hire a permanent police chief, turned into a series of disagreements between council members on how, or if, they should proceed.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:23
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:23
- Hits: 2470
Several accusations were tossed around during the October 10 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting, and two items were approved.
The council passed a resolution to recognize and support the 2014 Downtown Revitalization Management Team. The resolution recognizes that more stakeholders, such as property and business owners, within the revitalization and downtown area, as well as representatives from both Dominion Virginia Power and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), should be included.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 00:57
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 00:57
- Hits: 2588
Colonial Beach Building Inspector Dexter Monroe addressed the town council during the August work session, describing some of the problems discovered with rental housing when Code Compliance Manager Theresa Davis responds to citizen complaints.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 00:54
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 00:54
- Hits: 2467
Colonial Beach Town Manager Val Foulds recruited Marion Miller, a certified public accountant retired from public procurement, to research options for obtaining a 350 kw generator to power Colonial Beach High School in case of power failures.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:49
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:49
- Hits: 2031
Clayton L. Shepherd found himself before the Colonial Beach Town Council for the third time, fighting for the right to purchase an 827-sq.-ft. piece of land adjoining his property.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 27 June 2013 23:01
- Published on Thursday, 27 June 2013 23:01
- Hits: 2497
Colonial Beach Town Council held a special meeting this evening to vote on advertised tax increases and the town’s budget for fiscal year 2013-14.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:42
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:37
- Hits: 1728
Colonial Beach Town Council may have a hard time deciphering the majority opinion on which taxes to raise after last week’s public hearing on the matter.
The council had previously promised to fund the school system the full amount it requested. Now, they are scrambling to find a way to fulfill that promise.