- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:27
- Published on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:27
- Hits: 1269
Colonial Beach Town Council recently held a special meeting on to discuss solutions to balancing the proposed 2015-16 budget.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 10:47
- Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 10:47
- Hits: 1290
The Colonial Beach Revitalization Management Team has identified roughly 25 properties that are eligible for facade improvement money from the Community Development Block Grant Revitalization grant.
The revitalization team is reaching out to all the business property owners in the downtown revitalization area, which stretches from the Riverfront Boardwalk to both sides of Washington Avenue and from Hawthorne Street to Colonial Avenue.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 09:59
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 09:59
- Hits: 1085
Colonial Beach Town Council members Mike Looney and Wanda Goforth are opposing plans to sell Robin Grove Park.
Their announcement at the council’s March 26 work session effectively derailed the plans of the owner of Boat House Marina to purchase the property.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:42
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:42
- Hits: 1870
Because several new officers and staff recently joined the Colonial Beach Police Department, they were introduced to the town council and residents at the Dec 11 meeting.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:36
- Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:51
- Hits: 1559
The Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Colonial Beach Foundation hosted a candidates’ forum Oct 21 at the Colonial Beach Town Center.
The idea of combining services, such as school, police, fire and rescue with the county was a main topic of the debate.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 15:10
- Published on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 14:43
- Hits: 6618
Despite their best efforts and good intentions, the Colonial Beach Town Council was unable to reduce real estate taxes at a recent meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:07
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:07
- Hits: 1658
Colonial Beach is currently looking for a Planning Director to fill the shoes of Gary Mitchell, who is resigning to take another job in Richmond. Mitchell said his decision to leave is “strictly based on quality of life.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:46
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:46
- Hits: 1265
Colonial Beach residents were given the ‘all clear’ on July 25, after being notified 3 days earlier to boil all water before ingesting. The notice was ordered by the Health Department and delivered by town staff to residents after test results from a July 8 sample tested positive for E. coli.