- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:24
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:24
- Hits: 308
The Colonial Beach School Board met July 8 for the first time since school let out.
The summer break seemed to have a positive affect on both the board and the staff. Some technical mishaps in the room brought some jovial laughter, and the business portion of the meeting lasted five minutes.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:12
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:12
- Hits: 446
Once again the Colonial Beach Public Schools came under fire by a few speakers at the public hearing on the Colonial Beach proposed budget.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 09:53
- Published on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 09:53
- Hits: 499
The Colonial Beach School Board took steps at its June 10 meeting to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students in the school system. The board applied for a program that will take affect in the 2015-16 school year.
Under the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, school systems that are eligible can apply to make breakfast and lunch free to all students within the school system. The program eliminates the need for families to fill out and provide household applications for free or reduced-price meals.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:35
- Hits: 663
Long discussions at the May 15 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting reveal that council members remain split on how to approach the demolition of buildings at the old Douglas Avenue Elementary School campus.
A Jan. 5, 2014 fire destroyed the two-story building at the former campus, leaving the buildings and grounds around them in a collapse zone. This forced school officials to relocate students.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:25
- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:20
- Hits: 972
The Colonial Beach Town Council has voted unanimously to obtain estimates for the demolition of the burned out old high school/middle school building at 315 Douglas Ave.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:01
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:01
- Hits: 718
The Colonial Beach School Board has approved a $6.8 million 2015-16 school year budget proposal. The document now goes to the Colonial Beach Town Council, which has the authority to allocate local money to the school system.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:56
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:56
- Hits: 965
Maybe the Westmoreland County School Board needs to hire a weatherman before it hires a new school superintendent.
Cathy Rice, the assistant school superintendent of the Westmoreland school system, said Monday the school board had decided to schedule a fourth attempt at holding a public hearing at a time when the weather is likely to be more favorable. “They voted to reschedule the hearing for 6 p.m. on March 30th at Washington and Lee High School,” Rice said.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 March 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 03 March 2015 10:42
- Hits: 913
Colonial Beach Schools Superintendent Kevin Newman presented the first draft of the propsed 2015-16 budget to the school board during its Feb 24 meeting.