- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:17
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:18
- Hits: 1875
After the dust has settled from Colonial Beach’s public hearing to raise taxes and fees, the CB Town Council will now meet on June 9, at 10 a.m. to discuss and vote on the town’s 2014-15 fiscal year budget. Although the public hearings are over, it seems school supporters are not going to give up without a fight. An electronic petition is being circulated around town by Facebook users.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 12:33
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:38
- Hits: 2998
Conflicting resolutions, long discussions and short memories seem to be at the heart of the Town of Colonial Beach’s inability to support the School, rather than the lack of funding. Council members seemed to have different opinions on what they approved and promised to the school system. The elementary school relocation and high school maintenance funding continues to dominate council meetings with the same result; members asking for another meeting with the school to hash out details, and no action toward seeking and providing funding is taken.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:16
- Hits: 3564
Colonial Beach School Board Chairman Tim Trivett talked to the town council at the March work session to try to put to rest rumors of the School owing a debt to the town. There are many aspects that make this debt confusing.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 08:47
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 08:47
- Hits: 3662
Colonial Beach School Board member Wayne Kennedy aired his disapproval of Alta Vista’s hosting practices at the March 12 school board meeting. Kennedy asked Athletic Director Michael Patierno to look for alternative sites in the future or consider hosting games at Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:53
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:53
- Hits: 1621
The Colonial Beach School Board met Monday, Feb. 24, at the School Board office to discuss placement of mod pods on the high school campus.
The school had previously received only one bid for the project engineer from Jeff L. Howeth Engineering in Tappahannock. The board conditionally approved the bid with the intent to negotiate a better price for the contract.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:36
- Hits: 1844
The Colonial Beach School Board met on Feb. 18 in the high school cafeteria to approve upcoming tasks for the relocation of the elementary school campus to the high school, including negotiating prices for a relocation engineer and approval of the return of the mod pods still at the elementary campus.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:43
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:43
- Hits: 1914
Just ten days after the fire, Colonial Beach Elementary School re-opened on Wednesday, January 15, at its regular time at Oak Grove Baptist Church. An Open House was held on Tuesday, January 14, at the church from 3:00-6:00 p.m. to update parents on the new location.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 09 January 2014 11:12
- Published on Thursday, 09 January 2014 11:12
- Hits: 1850
The Colonial Beach School Board voted unanimously at their work session Jan. 8 to begin preparations to resume classes for Pre-K through grade 5 at the Oak Grove Baptist Church.
School officials received offers from several non-profits, neighboring school systems, and Riverboat on the Potomac as well to house the students temporarily. The best option presented to the school board was the Oak Grove Baptist Church which already has exactly the number of needed classrooms available.