- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 13:53
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 13:53
- Hits: 672
Money generated after bond, insurance payment top cost to move students, fix school
After several years of disaster-laden lumps of coal, Colonial Beach officials have found themselves with quite the stocking stuffer this year — $1.2 million.
For some time, town officials have feared they would not be able to find adequate money to relocate elementary students displaced by one disaster after another.
However, after several developments, the town has found itself with a surplus of about $1.2 million heading into 2015.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:35
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:35
- Hits: 578
Eight residents are counting on the town winning a housing-needs grant to see improved living conditions in Colonial Beach.
However, Northern Neck Planning District Commission Director Jerry Davis said that with the current projects and grant applications, delaying the application may be a smart idea.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:48
- Published on Monday, 24 November 2014 14:15
- Hits: 708
King George clinic owners ready to take over facility
Not so fast.
The planned closure of the Colonial Beach Medical Center at the end of December has been staved off, and it will be donated to the owners of a nonprofit health clinic in King George.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:30
- Published on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:30
- Hits: 615
Month-long drive yields about 2,100 pounds of food to be distributed by CB Baptist Church
Local Scouts in Colonial Beach and Oak Grove have collected about 2,100 pounds of food for the needy this holiday season.