- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 February 2010 18:21
- Published on Wednesday, 03 February 2010 18:21
- Hits: 1141
According to employees, the grease in one of the deep fryers had caught on fire. Workers tried to extinguish it with fire extinguishers, but the fire spread to underneath and to the wall behind the deep fryers.
Engine Co. 1, (Colonial Beach) and Engine Co. 4 responded as well as Rescue Station 1. Engine 15 and Wagon 4 also responded with crews.
Colonial Beach’s fire chief took command and notified that the smoke was showing and all occupants were evacuated from the restaurant. Crews from Truck 1 and Engine 15 went in with a hand line and extinguishers and quickly knocked down the fire. Crews from Wagon 4 checked the roof and interior for any extension and adequate ventilation. Smoke was removed from the structure and all units were placed in service. The fire department thanks all units for a quick response and help on scene and thanks NDW Truck 28 for mutual aid.
— Linda Farneth