- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 09:52
- Published on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 09:52
- Hits: 350
The Colonial Beach Town Council put a stop to a demolition notice for the town’s former elementary school.
The order recently was issued by the town’s Building and Zoning Office since the building, destroyed on Jan. 5 by fire, has been sitting in the same condition since then. School officials did surround the building with fencing to keep people from entering the area.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 October 2014 12:09
- Published on Tuesday, 07 October 2014 12:09
- Hits: 462
A town official has ordered the former Colonial Beach Elementary School to be demolished in about two weeks, but that is unlikely to happen, the mayor said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 07:46
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 07:46
- Hits: 683
The Colonial Beach School Board has voted to accept an insurance settlement offer of $1.8 million to cover fire damage to the two-story building on the former elementary school campus.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:15
- Hits: 1176
After months of negotiation, the Colonial Beach Town Council and School Board have finally reached an agreement in the form of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to protect both parties’ interests. Town staff can now proceed with securing a bond for at least $1,263,565.00.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:17
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:18
- Hits: 1230
After the dust has settled from Colonial Beach’s public hearing to raise taxes and fees, the CB Town Council will now meet on June 9, at 10 a.m. to discuss and vote on the town’s 2014-15 fiscal year budget. Although the public hearings are over, it seems school supporters are not going to give up without a fight. An electronic petition is being circulated around town by Facebook users.