- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:25
- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:20
- Hits: 193
The Colonial Beach Town Council has voted unanimously to obtain estimates for the demolition of the burned out old high school/middle school building at 315 Douglas Ave.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:01
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:01
- Hits: 299
The Colonial Beach School Board has approved a $6.8 million 2015-16 school year budget proposal. The document now goes to the Colonial Beach Town Council, which has the authority to allocate local money to the school system.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:56
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:56
- Hits: 560
Maybe the Westmoreland County School Board needs to hire a weatherman before it hires a new school superintendent.
Cathy Rice, the assistant school superintendent of the Westmoreland school system, said Monday the school board had decided to schedule a fourth attempt at holding a public hearing at a time when the weather is likely to be more favorable. “They voted to reschedule the hearing for 6 p.m. on March 30th at Washington and Lee High School,” Rice said.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 March 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 03 March 2015 10:42
- Hits: 558
Colonial Beach Schools Superintendent Kevin Newman presented the first draft of the propsed 2015-16 budget to the school board during its Feb 24 meeting.
- Last Updated on Monday, 16 February 2015 17:24
- Published on Monday, 16 February 2015 15:30
- Hits: 1002
Will request $9.6M to pay for it
The Colonial Beach School Board has begun the process of securing money for a new elementary school.
The passed a resolution at its Feb. 11 meeting to request $9.6 million in the form of a bond from the Town of Colonial Beach.