- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 12:33
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:38
- Hits: 1002
Conflicting resolutions, long discussions and short memories seem to be at the heart of the Town of Colonial Beach’s inability to support the School, rather than the lack of funding. Council members seemed to have different opinions on what they approved and promised to the school system. The elementary school relocation and high school maintenance funding continues to dominate council meetings with the same result; members asking for another meeting with the school to hash out details, and no action toward seeking and providing funding is taken.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:16
- Hits: 721
Colonial Beach School Board Chairman Tim Trivett talked to the town council at the March work session to try to put to rest rumors of the School owing a debt to the town. There are many aspects that make this debt confusing.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 08:47
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 08:47
- Hits: 838
Colonial Beach School Board member Wayne Kennedy aired his disapproval of Alta Vista’s hosting practices at the March 12 school board meeting. Kennedy asked Athletic Director Michael Patierno to look for alternative sites in the future or consider hosting games at Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:53
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:53
- Hits: 687
The Colonial Beach School Board met Monday, Feb. 24, at the School Board office to discuss placement of mod pods on the high school campus.
The school had previously received only one bid for the project engineer from Jeff L. Howeth Engineering in Tappahannock. The board conditionally approved the bid with the intent to negotiate a better price for the contract.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:36
- Hits: 817
The Colonial Beach School Board met on Feb. 18 in the high school cafeteria to approve upcoming tasks for the relocation of the elementary school campus to the high school, including negotiating prices for a relocation engineer and approval of the return of the mod pods still at the elementary campus.