- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:35
- Hits: 1421
Long discussions at the May 15 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting reveal that council members remain split on how to approach the demolition of buildings at the old Douglas Avenue Elementary School campus.
A Jan. 5, 2014 fire destroyed the two-story building at the former campus, leaving the buildings and grounds around them in a collapse zone. This forced school officials to relocate students.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:25
- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 10:20
- Hits: 1681
The Colonial Beach Town Council has voted unanimously to obtain estimates for the demolition of the burned out old high school/middle school building at 315 Douglas Ave.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:01
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:01
- Hits: 1363
The Colonial Beach School Board has approved a $6.8 million 2015-16 school year budget proposal. The document now goes to the Colonial Beach Town Council, which has the authority to allocate local money to the school system.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:56
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 12:56
- Hits: 1624
Maybe the Westmoreland County School Board needs to hire a weatherman before it hires a new school superintendent.
Cathy Rice, the assistant school superintendent of the Westmoreland school system, said Monday the school board had decided to schedule a fourth attempt at holding a public hearing at a time when the weather is likely to be more favorable. “They voted to reschedule the hearing for 6 p.m. on March 30th at Washington and Lee High School,” Rice said.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 March 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 03 March 2015 10:42
- Hits: 1531
Colonial Beach Schools Superintendent Kevin Newman presented the first draft of the propsed 2015-16 budget to the school board during its Feb 24 meeting.