- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:48
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:48
- Hits: 1362
The Colonial Beach Planning Commission has conducted its organizational meeting, electing Maureen Holt to continue to act as chairperson for another year and selecting Robin Schick as vice chair. The commission also welcomed new members Maureen McCabe and Robert Busick.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:55
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 00:53
- Hits: 1574
The Colonial Beach Planning Commission has seven seats. However, with recent commissioners exiting to move on to other endeavors, and commissioners Margaret McMullin and David Coombes choosing not to renew their terms after expiration, the commission is down to four sitting members.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 08:54
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 08:54
- Hits: 2292
The Colonial Beach Planning Commission members had a blushing conversation while debating the issue of prohibiting adult bookstores and other adult theme-related services at the September planning commission meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:41
- Published on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:41
- Hits: 2677
During last month’s Planning Commission meeting some commissioners voiced opposition concerning implementing a Well-Head Protection Overlay District in Colonial Beach. To answer questions about the program, the commission requested Barry Matthews from the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Drinking Water, give a presentation during the March meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 15:53
- Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 15:53
- Hits: 2676
After hearing a wide variety of ideas, concerns and requests not to sell Eleanor Trailer Park the Colonial Beach Town Council moved to refer the matter to the Planning Commission for study, review and direction on what to do with the property.
The Colonial Beach Town Council had asked for open public comment concerning what to do with Eleanor Trailer Park located near the end of the point in Colonial Beach Virginia at the October Town Council meeting. During the meeting there were mixed comments from speakers but most seemed to have misunderstood the purpose of the meeting and assumed the council would vote directly after public comment on whether or not to sell the park even though a vote was not listed on the agenda.