- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:44
- Published on Tuesday, 09 December 2014 11:44
- Hits: 2150
The Colonial Beach Planning Commission and Town Council are under a pressure to adopt new federal floodplain maps and floodplain ordinance changes.
The council will need to adopt the changes before April in order to ensure that residents with flood insurance will not lose coverage, said acting Zoning Administer Brendan.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:48
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:48
- Hits: 2303
The Colonial Beach Planning Commission has conducted its organizational meeting, electing Maureen Holt to continue to act as chairperson for another year and selecting Robin Schick as vice chair. The commission also welcomed new members Maureen McCabe and Robert Busick.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:55
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 00:53
- Hits: 2560
The Colonial Beach Planning Commission has seven seats. However, with recent commissioners exiting to move on to other endeavors, and commissioners Margaret McMullin and David Coombes choosing not to renew their terms after expiration, the commission is down to four sitting members.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 08:54
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 08:54
- Hits: 3370
The Colonial Beach Planning Commission members had a blushing conversation while debating the issue of prohibiting adult bookstores and other adult theme-related services at the September planning commission meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:41
- Published on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 10:41
- Hits: 3788
During last month’s Planning Commission meeting some commissioners voiced opposition concerning implementing a Well-Head Protection Overlay District in Colonial Beach. To answer questions about the program, the commission requested Barry Matthews from the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Drinking Water, give a presentation during the March meeting.