- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:30
- Published on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:30
- Hits: 920
Month-long drive yields about 2,100 pounds of food to be distributed by CB Baptist Church
Local Scouts in Colonial Beach and Oak Grove have collected about 2,100 pounds of food for the needy this holiday season.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 November 2014 10:15
- Published on Wednesday, 05 November 2014 10:15
- Hits: 1119
Edward Blunt, Michael Looney and Burkett Lyburn have won four-year terms to the Colonial Beach Town Council.
The three were the top vote-getters in the Nov. 4 election, with Blunt leading the way with 558 of the 916 votes cast, election officials reported. Looney (452) and Lyburn (414) also easily outpaced the rest of the field.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:53
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:53
- Hits: 907
While the final numbers from the first Colonial Beach Bike Fest won’t be known until December when the meals and lodging taxes have been paid, Chamber of Commerce President Carey Geddes said the event yielded positive results.
Geddes is hopeful local businesses will report double or triple their sales compared to what they reported last October. Geddes said the chamber paid $650 in meals taxes, which equates to about $13,000 in revenue.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:51
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:51
- Hits: 700
The Colonial Beach High School PTA sponsored several homecoming events Oct. 31. The evening began with a parade from the old elementary campus up Colonial Avenue and ending at the high school. After arriving at the school, attendees enjoyed music, hot dogs and pizza. The seniors took the win during a tug-of-war competition.