- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:42
- Hits: 4493
The Pastel Society of Virginia (PSV) drew a record turnout on Friday for its Opening Reception and Announcement of Award Winners at JarrettThor Fine Arts.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:40
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:40
- Hits: 2767
When Sherry Lee’s father was killed tragically in a traffic accident on Route 205 last May, she decided to open a restaurant dedicated to him. Sher’s Snack Shack opened last month and is Colonial Beach’s newest restaurant.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 31 August 2013 08:53
- Published on Friday, 30 August 2013 22:25
- Hits: 4401
It appears reduced speed and rumble strips are not reducing accidents on the stretch of State Route 205 in front of Halls Supermarket.
At approximately 4:30 p.m. three vehicles where involved in an auto accident in front of the second entrance to the store.
According to the driver, a compact white Nissan pickup truck driven by an adult male was traveling on 205 towards Colonial Beach. The Nissan was behind a large black pickup. Both pickups were in the left turn lane in the center of 205. The large black pickup truck appeared to be turning into the parking lot of the supermarket, when he hesitated and turned back toward the turn lane.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 08:59
- Hits: 1932
Randy James is asking the Colonial Beach Town Council to donate the Klotz Building, located at 6 North Irving Ave., to his charity, The Paul Stefan Home for Expectant Mothers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:16
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:08
- Hits: 3153
In 1883, the father of Alexander Graham Bell – noted Scottish teacher and researcher Alexander Melville Bell – bought a newly constructed elegant home on the banks of the Potomac River in Colonial Beach. Today, the historic Bell House is still welcoming visitors after more than 230 years.