- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 10:33
- Hits: 1844
Meadow Avenue residents are being promised a paved road by the middle of September by Council Point of Contact for Streets and Roads, Councilman Gary Seeber.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 16:48
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 00:47
- Hits: 1784
The Colonial Beach Police Department (CBPD) is requesting additional funding for its accreditation specialist, Monroe Bryant.
Bryant, formerly an accreditation specialist for Alexandria, came out of retirement four years ago to help CBPD achieve accreditation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 10:53
- Hits: 2584
When Westmoreland Shores businessman Bud Tressler opened Fat Freda’s sandwich shop in 2006 at the corner of Hawthorne and Washington streets in Colonial Beach he had a dream of turning it into one of the town’s most popular restaurants.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 00:44
- Hits: 1965
Schools across the state are showing declined pass rates, according to a press release form the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE).
Superintendent of Public Instruction Patricia Wright predicts that pass rates will improve as teachers and students become better acquainted with the new standards and assessments.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:14
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:14
- Hits: 2422
The Colonial Beach Artists’ Guild hosts over 100 members. Artists and art lovers flock to the town each month to enjoy the Second Friday Art Walk.
The Art Walk features artists’ works at a number of shops and galleries in the downtown area along Washington Ave, along Hawthorne and Taylor Streets. Locations include the Potomac River Fisheries