- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 00:03
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 00:03
- Hits: 2182
The Maryland Marine Police have announced that the body of a kayaker who has been missing on the Potomac River since May 7 was found Saturday by three fishermen.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:31
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:30
- Hits: 2181
Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce President Carey Geddes confirmed Monday that the group has been in negotiations with the agent for the band Molly Hatchet.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:28
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:28
- Hits: 1500
Police are looking for a suspect who attempted to rob the River Edge Inn in Colonial Beach early Saturday morning. Luckily, the would-be robber left with no money, and no employees were harmed. Colonial Beach Police Chief Legg and Sergeant M.A. Russo responded.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:27
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:27
- Hits: 1757
CB School Board Chairman Tim Trivett announced at the May 14 School Board Meeting that he had denied the CB Town Council’s request for copies of a letter from Vacorp, the school’s insurance company, which gave reasons for denying the school’s claim. Trivett said he did this on the advice of the school’s attorney.
At a prior meeting of the council on May 8, School Board Superintendent Kathleen Beane was on hand to answer questions from council members.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:27
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:27
- Hits: 1949
Westmoreland County Supervisor Larry Roberson informed the CB Town Council that the county supervisors would meet on Monday. He said that like everyone else, the county’s planning to raise taxes. “The county is looking at a $0.04 per $100 increase” (in real estate taxes).