- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:02
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:01
- Hits: 1996
Those at the February Town Council meeting were stunned when Wanda Goforth announced she wanted to go into closed session to discuss the performance of the town manager concerning a possible lawsuit.
The crowded meeting room contained several town employees, presumably there to hear about council’s intentions to hire a consultant firm to evaluate employee performance.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 10:46
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 10:46
- Hits: 2002
Colonial Beach Business District Revitalization Management Team is working feverishly to tie up loose ends for the town’s second application for a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 10:45
- Hits: 2456
After what may have seemed like a lifetime to commuters, the Tides Mill Bridge on State Route 205 is finally nearing the end of construction.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:32
- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:32
- Hits: 2252
Colonial Beach Town Council could spend almost $27,000 to evaluate the town’s employees which number around fifty.
During their work session in January, members of the council presented two proposals for assessment of town employees- one from Whitestone Partners, and the other from Springsted Incorporated.
Mayor Mike Ham said in a telephone interview on Monday, “The council is in the discussion phase to seek out a consultant firm to identify employees’ roles and the their management structure, and to evaluate the efficiency of the town.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:26
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 11:31
- Hits: 5108
The Tri-County Taskforce made nine arrests in Colonial Beach in the early morning hours of Tuesday, Jan. 29.
Officers from the taskforce began executing three search warrants in the town, starting at 3 a.m., and ending at 7 a.m. in the 100 block of Second St., the 200 block of Vernon St., and the 300 block of Given St.