- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 11:00
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 10:55
- Hits: 6226
Colonial Beach’s effort to honor two dozen injured soldiers from Walter Reed Army Medical Center literally broke down Sunday when the bus carrying the wounded warriors was disabled by a broken hose on Route 205 just inside the Westmoreland County line.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 10:54
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 10:54
- Hits: 5849
Former Colonial Beach Police Chief Kenneth Blevins, Sr. has filed suit in Westmoreland County Circuit Court seeking $400,000 in damages from the town in a breach of contract claim. The suit alleges Blevins had a valid employment contract but “resigned under duress” as a result of pressure from the Colonial Beach Town Council.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 10:47
- Hits: 1460
Due to the relocation of
The Town Manager’s Office, Town Clerk’s Office and Treasurer’s Office
Town Hall Offices will be closed to the public on
Thursday, September 4, 2014 and
Friday, September 5, 2014
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:26
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:26
- Hits: 1237
Today, the facility sits silently behind fences and yellow tape.
It’s a far cry from the raucous scenes that played out for 102 years of Drifters’ pride that occurred at the former Colonial Beach High School.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:11
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:11
- Hits: 1070
The Yellow Ribbon Fund is well-known for its work in bridging the gaps in funding and care for injured military men and women while they are recovering.
More than two dozen injured fighting men and women will be honored Sept. 7 in Colonial Beach.