- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 10:45
- Hits: 2598
After what may have seemed like a lifetime to commuters, the Tides Mill Bridge on State Route 205 is finally nearing the end of construction.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:32
- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:32
- Hits: 2357
Colonial Beach Town Council could spend almost $27,000 to evaluate the town’s employees which number around fifty.
During their work session in January, members of the council presented two proposals for assessment of town employees- one from Whitestone Partners, and the other from Springsted Incorporated.
Mayor Mike Ham said in a telephone interview on Monday, “The council is in the discussion phase to seek out a consultant firm to identify employees’ roles and the their management structure, and to evaluate the efficiency of the town.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:26
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 11:31
- Hits: 5331
The Tri-County Taskforce made nine arrests in Colonial Beach in the early morning hours of Tuesday, Jan. 29.
Officers from the taskforce began executing three search warrants in the town, starting at 3 a.m., and ending at 7 a.m. in the 100 block of Second St., the 200 block of Vernon St., and the 300 block of Given St.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:45
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 00:44
- Hits: 2487
Linda Brubaker was chosen over Cynthia Misicka and Burkett Lyburn to fill the vacant council seat left by Mayor Mike Ham when he took office as mayor this January.
Brubaker received a five-to-one vote from six members of town council last Thursday after interviews with candidates were conducted. Tommy Edwards voted against.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 11:29
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 11:29
- Hits: 3047
Superintendent Kathleen Beane is attempting to negotiate with Milestone Communications to erect a wireless tower on the Colonial Beach High School campus. If successfully negotiated, Colonial Beach Schools would receive revenue for years to come. It would be the first tower by Milestone in the Northern Neck.