- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:10
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:10
- Hits: 2614
On Saturday, May 11, Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department (CBVFD) conducted a controlled-burn of a 100-year-old house on Jackson St. This was a training exercise, and had been requested by the current owner, Joyce Gunderson. The old house sparked some controversy after the town asked Gunderson to have it removed
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:01
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:01
- Hits: 2302
Colonial Beach Mayor Mike Ham told the Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors Monday night that Torrey Smith, the star wide-receiver of the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens, will be the grand marshal of the grand feature parade at the 2013 Potomac River Festival next month.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:16
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:16
- Hits: 2692
Wardman Companies, Inc. has filed a claim against the Town of Colonial Beach in the amount of $14,934.98 for damages sustained to the Riverview Inn on June 21, 2012.
The town’s insurance carrier has previously evaluated and denied this claim because the Town of Colonial Beach was not legally responsible for the damage, according to Resolution 31-13, which will be voted on at
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:10
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:10
- Hits: 2283
Council approves police dispatch Consolidation
In a special meeting on May 1, it took just one minute and forty seconds for council to pass a resolution authorizing Town Manager Val Foulds to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Westmoreland County and The Town of Colonial Beach concerning Colonial Beach Police Department
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:11
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:06
- Hits: 2510
Joyce Gunderson, owner of Raggs clothing store in Colonial Beach, held a fashion show at Riverboat on the Potomac on Saturday evening. Proceeds from the event went to the CBVFD-LA.
Photos by Bonnie Gouvisis