- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:04
- Hits: 2533
80 runners turned out for the 5K race for the CBVFD on Saturday, Aug. 24. Many thanks to all the sponsors, and of course to the runners!
photo by Bonnie Gouvisis
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:08
- Hits: 3659
Wendy Erskine, who has been helping save cats for many years, needs a helping hand. Since her husband died a year ago, she has been coping well, but recently, she broke her wrist.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 10:47
- Hits: 2656
Two Maryland cars won top honors at the 34th Annual Rod Run to the Beach in a competition held last weekend, despite cloudy skies and occasional rain, as a part of the event sponsored by the Colonial Beach Education Foundation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:52
- Hits: 1858
At a joint meeting between the Colonial Beach Town Council and the School Board, Chairman Tim Trivett updated the council on the steps involved with relocating the elementary school to the high school campus and the current conditions at the high school. All members of the school board were in attendance, and only Tommy Edwards and Tim Curtin where unable to attend from the council.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:55
- Hits: 2740
National Night Out began in 1984, to allow citizens and law enforcement to get together to help fight crime. Activities are designed to engage both young and old, educating the public on current laws and raising awareness on how law enforcement protects citizens.