- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:26
- Published on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:26
- Hits: 3425
VDOT officials have contracted Bryant Construction to renovate the Tides Mill Creek Bridge on 205 near Wilkersons in Colonial Beach.
The bridge has been closed since the beginning of November.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:37
- Hits: 2362
Hazardous conditions were uncovered at the Beachgate Inn after a vehicle stuck and killed a pedestrian and left severe damage to the building.
When police arrived on the scene they determined that a 72-year-old man had passed out from a medical condition while driving his car down Euclid Ave. towards Colonial Ave. around 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. The vehicle
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 12:04
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:49
- Hits: 1920
The 1st annual “Shop with the Sheriff” program was held this week to the delight of 25 children, ages 4 to 14, who were treated to a shopping trip at Walmart and then food and music at the King George YMCA. The event was sponsored by the King George County Sheriff’s office, the YMCA, Walmart and Foote Title.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Hits: 1753
During the Christmas holidays in 1982, popular Westmoreland County Commonwealth’s Attorney Robert Fox lamented to a gathering of friends that he was concerned about the number of county residents who were without gifts, food or friendship during the holiday season. “I want to do something to help them,” he said.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Published on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Hits: 8034
Residents of the Beachgate Inn in Colonial Beach have had more than their fair share of tragedy this year with a stabbing incident that resulted in a death in October and a vehicle accident last week that killed a pedestrian standing near his car. Now they have until Dec. 27 to find a new home.