- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:11
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:11
- Hits: 1728
The Colonial Beach Town Council has named Capt. Bruce Hough as the acting chief of police for a maximum of 90 days.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:33
- Published on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:33
- Hits: 3939
Problem still not resolved almost two months later. The Colonial Beach School Board’s staff has been displaced since Nov. 3 after the office’s Internet connection was cut by contractors working on the Potomac Renaissance Condos on Taylor Street, according to school officials.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:31
- Published on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:29
- Hits: 1510
Apparently, you can teach good behavior.
The Colonial Beach Elementary School started a new program seven weeks ago, Drifter Pride, aimed at teaching, encouraging and reinforcing good behavior among its students.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:22
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:22
- Hits: 1655
Her last day will be Jan. 2
Colonial Beach Police Department Chief Elizabeth Legg is resigning at the start of the year, ending her nine-month tenure as the town’s top cop.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 13:53
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 13:53
- Hits: 1451
Money generated after bond, insurance payment top cost to move students, fix school
After several years of disaster-laden lumps of coal, Colonial Beach officials have found themselves with quite the stocking stuffer this year — $1.2 million.
For some time, town officials have feared they would not be able to find adequate money to relocate elementary students displaced by one disaster after another.
However, after several developments, the town has found itself with a surplus of about $1.2 million heading into 2015.