- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:11
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:11
- Hits: 1794
Santa came to Colonial Beach Dec. 7, and there were hundreds of children waiting for his arrival. “The line to see Santa lasted four hours,” said Colonial Beach Mayor Mike Ham.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:04
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:04
- Hits: 1843
Local Cub Scout Pack #258 recently toured the Colonial Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad station, where they learned life-saving first aid skills and also practiced Hands-Only CPR by squad members. “The scouts had to visit an important local building as part of their badge requirement, and we were very proud that our station house was selected,” said Wesley Melson, CBVRS Rescue Chief.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:03
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:02
- Hits: 1717
Mrs. Mary Virginia Stanford helped Dr. Peter Fahrney present Music Teacher Ashley Gingrich and her band students a check in the amount of $1,000.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:43
- Hits: 2243
The recently opened indoor Peddler’s Market in Colonial Beach is ready for what it hopes will be a successful holiday shopping season. The Peddler’s Market is located in a newly remodeled 10,000 square foot space where the old Rankin’s Hardware store was located before it moved to the other end of Colonial Plaza.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:55
- Hits: 1866
Single-family dwelling restrictions challenged separately by council and property owner bear a striking resemblance
On Nov. 19, Colonial Beach property owner Sharron Fortier appealed the decision of Colonial Beach Building and Zoning Director Gary Mitchell, who had determined that, according to Article 7 of the zoning ordinance, her property, located in the town’s resort commercial district, could not be used as a single-family dwelling. Coincidentally, in September of this year, amendments to Article 7 were put on hold at the town’s council level by now-former council member Tim Curtin, and three other council members. The changes proposed to Article 7 did not affect the section of the ordinance that covers the disallowance of single-family dwellings within the Commercial Resort District.