- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Hits: 575
The long planned second phase of the Potomac Renaissance Condominiums in Colonial Beach began building upward this week with the arrival of a heavy industrial crane and the careful lifting and installation of pre-built modular units.
- Last Updated on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:32
- Published on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:31
- Hits: 352
To facilitate the Fifth Annual International Jet Ski Races July 18-20, Taylor Street from Wilder Ave. to Hawthorne Street will be closed to thru traffic, starting the evening of Thursday, July 17, and will remain closed until Sunday evening, July 20.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 11:26
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 11:25
- Hits: 452
On June 12, Commissioners, staff and guests gathered to unveil the new sign naming the Potomac River Fisheries Building, on 222 Taylor St. in Colonial Beach, after Mr. Kirby A. “AC” Carpenter for his many years of dedicated service to the Commission.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:52
- Hits: 260
CB Museum Curator Mitzi Saffos and Mayor Mike Ham both shake hands with Art Buswell while honoring him for his dedication and generous support for the Colonial Beach Museum.
A large crowd accompanied the three in unveiling the new museum sign created by collaborating artists Kathy Waltermire, Doris Barbee and Velia Jacobo. The event was hosted by the Colonial Beach Historical Society on July 3, 2014.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Hits: 656
Colonial Beach Police Chief Elizabeth, “Libby” Legg is taking a second look at police dispatch through the county, with Council’s approval.
One year after consolidating police dispatch with Westmoreland County, the nearly identical council that voted unanimously to the move, has agreed to allow Chief Legg to explore the advantages and disadvantages to police dispatch consolidation.
Legg said, “The move didn’t make it new! We still are operating with the same system; it just got moved.”