- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:54
- Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:51
- Hits: 1871
Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Chief David Robey was on his way to Hughsville, MD when he spotted the house fire.
The burning home was on Route 6 in Charles County, MD. Acting on instinct, he pulled over and called 911 to report the blaze. He then approached the burning house and banged on the door in an effort to find out if anyone was inside.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:06
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:03
- Hits: 5680
Donkey Basketball is here to stay. On March 26 at Colonial Beach High School, basketball fans from across the county came out to support the teachers, students, administrative staff, town officials and business owners play against each other while riding a donkey.
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 March 2015 15:43
- Published on Monday, 23 March 2015 15:43
- Hits: 1827
A busload of students from the University of Minnesota came to Colonial Beach last week to “pay it forward” by doing community service work at Colonial Beach Baptist Church.
“I really like it,” said student Jadie Jopp of Elk River, MN. “You get to build your leadership skills and meet cool people along the way.”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 13:00
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 13:00
- Hits: 5541
Dean Nininger, whose family has been operating Shady Lane Seafood in Colonial Beach for 47 years and selling fresh seafood to customers from Virginia and Maryland, will open the Shady Lane Crab House at the Beach before the end of the month.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 10:16
- Published on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 10:16
- Hits: 2112
The Colonial Beach Community Care Clinic opening again has been postponed.
Company President Arlene Jacovelli said the clinic still is awaiting all its credentials from various agencies and it may not be ready to open its 700 McKinney Blvd. location until June 1, she said.