- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 January 2016 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 12 January 2016 10:42
- Hits: 738
The Colonial Beach School Board and the Colonial Beach School System have filed a lawsuit against Trinity Building Company LLC for breach of contract.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:24
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:24
- Hits: 1276
The Colonial Beach School Board met July 8 for the first time since school let out.
The summer break seemed to have a positive affect on both the board and the staff. Some technical mishaps in the room brought some jovial laughter, and the business portion of the meeting lasted five minutes.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:12
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:12
- Hits: 1157
Once again the Colonial Beach Public Schools came under fire by a few speakers at the public hearing on the Colonial Beach proposed budget.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 09:53
- Published on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 09:53
- Hits: 1239
The Colonial Beach School Board took steps at its June 10 meeting to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students in the school system. The board applied for a program that will take affect in the 2015-16 school year.
Under the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, school systems that are eligible can apply to make breakfast and lunch free to all students within the school system. The program eliminates the need for families to fill out and provide household applications for free or reduced-price meals.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:35
- Hits: 1401
Long discussions at the May 15 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting reveal that council members remain split on how to approach the demolition of buildings at the old Douglas Avenue Elementary School campus.
A Jan. 5, 2014 fire destroyed the two-story building at the former campus, leaving the buildings and grounds around them in a collapse zone. This forced school officials to relocate students.