- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 11:15
- Hits: 2192
After months of negotiation, the Colonial Beach Town Council and School Board have finally reached an agreement in the form of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to protect both parties’ interests. Town staff can now proceed with securing a bond for at least $1,263,565.00.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:17
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:18
- Hits: 2049
After the dust has settled from Colonial Beach’s public hearing to raise taxes and fees, the CB Town Council will now meet on June 9, at 10 a.m. to discuss and vote on the town’s 2014-15 fiscal year budget. Although the public hearings are over, it seems school supporters are not going to give up without a fight. An electronic petition is being circulated around town by Facebook users.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 12:33
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:38
- Hits: 3286
Conflicting resolutions, long discussions and short memories seem to be at the heart of the Town of Colonial Beach’s inability to support the School, rather than the lack of funding. Council members seemed to have different opinions on what they approved and promised to the school system. The elementary school relocation and high school maintenance funding continues to dominate council meetings with the same result; members asking for another meeting with the school to hash out details, and no action toward seeking and providing funding is taken.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:16
- Hits: 3866
Colonial Beach School Board Chairman Tim Trivett talked to the town council at the March work session to try to put to rest rumors of the School owing a debt to the town. There are many aspects that make this debt confusing.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 08:47
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 08:47
- Hits: 3846
Colonial Beach School Board member Wayne Kennedy aired his disapproval of Alta Vista’s hosting practices at the March 12 school board meeting. Kennedy asked Athletic Director Michael Patierno to look for alternative sites in the future or consider hosting games at Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:53
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 09:53
- Hits: 1838
The Colonial Beach School Board met Monday, Feb. 24, at the School Board office to discuss placement of mod pods on the high school campus.
The school had previously received only one bid for the project engineer from Jeff L. Howeth Engineering in Tappahannock. The board conditionally approved the bid with the intent to negotiate a better price for the contract.