- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:36
- Hits: 2024
The Colonial Beach School Board met on Feb. 18 in the high school cafeteria to approve upcoming tasks for the relocation of the elementary school campus to the high school, including negotiating prices for a relocation engineer and approval of the return of the mod pods still at the elementary campus.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:43
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:43
- Hits: 2117
Just ten days after the fire, Colonial Beach Elementary School re-opened on Wednesday, January 15, at its regular time at Oak Grove Baptist Church. An Open House was held on Tuesday, January 14, at the church from 3:00-6:00 p.m. to update parents on the new location.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 09 January 2014 11:12
- Published on Thursday, 09 January 2014 11:12
- Hits: 2051
The Colonial Beach School Board voted unanimously at their work session Jan. 8 to begin preparations to resume classes for Pre-K through grade 5 at the Oak Grove Baptist Church.
School officials received offers from several non-profits, neighboring school systems, and Riverboat on the Potomac as well to house the students temporarily. The best option presented to the school board was the Oak Grove Baptist Church which already has exactly the number of needed classrooms available.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 15:42
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 15:40
- Hits: 6343
CB Schools Superintendent Kathleen Beane was very emotional when she heard the news that CB Town Council had approved the 2013-2014 school year budget, in full.
The budget amount approved was almost $400,000 more than last year’s budget, due to reduced federal funding and the need to replace three aging trailers used for classes on the elementary campus.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:07
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:07
- Hits: 3981
Colonial Beach School Superintendent Kathleen Beane, admits she is new to the process of budget approval and some aspects of budget execution, but maintains that the town council is obligated to approve the schools’ budget by May 1.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:50
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:50
- Hits: 4439
The Colonial Beach School Board had previously asked the Town of Colonial Beach for an additional almost $400,000 over last year’s budget. Now the CB School System has started the 2013-2014 Budget process with an $854,348 shortfall, and the need for trailer replacement at the elementary school. This could bring the request for more funding to close to half a million dollars.