- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:47
- Published on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:47
- Hits: 450
Despite a plea from Planning Commission Chair Robin Schick, the Colonial Beach Town Council will hold off action on amendments that will affect the sale of artwork by Artisan Trail participants in Colonial Beach until the affected zoning ordinances can be reviewed by council.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:25
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:25
- Hits: 809
Colonial Beach has, and continues to, undergo continuous infrastructural work right below residents feet.
However, many citizens don’t even know the work is taking place. Recently a group of residents criticized the council and town staff for failing to work on the town’s infrastructure. The remarks came at public hearings on the recently approved real estate tax increase.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:54
- Published on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:54
- Hits: 535
The Colonial Beach Town Council has approved the advertised budget for the 2015-16 fiscal year. The council did so at its June 25 work session.
The budget will be balanced in part by a 6 percent real estate tax increase passed by the council at a meeting a week earlier and by taking $200,000 from reserves.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:10
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:10
- Hits: 468
The Colonial Beach Town Council has voted 6-1 to raise the real estate tax rate by 6 cents. Councilwoman Wanda Goforth cast the opposing vote.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:27
- Published on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:27
- Hits: 778
Colonial Beach Town Council recently held a special meeting on to discuss solutions to balancing the proposed 2015-16 budget.