- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 10:47
- Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 10:47
- Hits: 259
The Colonial Beach Revitalization Management Team has identified roughly 25 properties that are eligible for facade improvement money from the Community Development Block Grant Revitalization grant.
The revitalization team is reaching out to all the business property owners in the downtown revitalization area, which stretches from the Riverfront Boardwalk to both sides of Washington Avenue and from Hawthorne Street to Colonial Avenue.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 09:59
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 09:59
- Hits: 232
Colonial Beach Town Council members Mike Looney and Wanda Goforth are opposing plans to sell Robin Grove Park.
Their announcement at the council’s March 26 work session effectively derailed the plans of the owner of Boat House Marina to purchase the property.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:42
- Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 11:42
- Hits: 923
Because several new officers and staff recently joined the Colonial Beach Police Department, they were introduced to the town council and residents at the Dec 11 meeting.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:36
- Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:51
- Hits: 951
The Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Colonial Beach Foundation hosted a candidates’ forum Oct 21 at the Colonial Beach Town Center.
The idea of combining services, such as school, police, fire and rescue with the county was a main topic of the debate.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 15:10
- Published on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 14:43
- Hits: 6086
Despite their best efforts and good intentions, the Colonial Beach Town Council was unable to reduce real estate taxes at a recent meeting.