- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:37
- Hits: 1224
Colonial Beach Town Council spilled the beans about Town employee Theresa Davis’ charge of trespassing, filed against her by a citizen of the town, during a reconvened work session on Thursday, March 28.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 09:57
- Hits: 1187
After two rounds of advertising and several meetings to discuss applicants for the position of Chief of Police for the Colonial Beach Police Department (CBPD), the town council is expected to introduce a new police chief at the March 13 Colonial Beach Town Council meeting.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 15:09
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:51
- Hits: 1506
A significant snowstorm hit the little Town of Colonial Beach beginning on the evening of Wednesday, Feb.12. And town crews began plowing just after midnight. Residents woke up to plowed roads, but a few people were in disbelief. Some residents complained about the high snow left in front of their driveways by the plows, but for the most part, many residents were very pleased with the town’s response to, and management of last week’s snow.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:56
- Published on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:23
- Hits: 1758
The recent resignation of Colonial Beach Town Councilman Tim Curtin has raised questions about Councilwoman Linda Brubaker’s seat on the Town Council.
Curtin quit unexpectedly after an early morning meeting on Nov. 14. At the regular Town Council meeting later that evening, Town Attorney Andrea Erard provided a resolution to follow proper procedures to fill the vacant town council seat.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Hits: 1377
The Colonial Beach Town Council started the year 2013 feeling good about their involvement in helping the remaining residents of the BeachGate Inn, located at 800 Colonial Ave. in Colonial Beach, stay in their dwellings until after the holiday season and guiding them towards help in relocating to other places to live.