- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 15:09
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:51
- Hits: 1413
A significant snowstorm hit the little Town of Colonial Beach beginning on the evening of Wednesday, Feb.12. And town crews began plowing just after midnight. Residents woke up to plowed roads, but a few people were in disbelief. Some residents complained about the high snow left in front of their driveways by the plows, but for the most part, many residents were very pleased with the town’s response to, and management of last week’s snow.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:56
- Published on Thursday, 02 January 2014 09:23
- Hits: 1643
The recent resignation of Colonial Beach Town Councilman Tim Curtin has raised questions about Councilwoman Linda Brubaker’s seat on the Town Council.
Curtin quit unexpectedly after an early morning meeting on Nov. 14. At the regular Town Council meeting later that evening, Town Attorney Andrea Erard provided a resolution to follow proper procedures to fill the vacant town council seat.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 11:01
- Hits: 1288
The Colonial Beach Town Council started the year 2013 feeling good about their involvement in helping the remaining residents of the BeachGate Inn, located at 800 Colonial Ave. in Colonial Beach, stay in their dwellings until after the holiday season and guiding them towards help in relocating to other places to live.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 12:50
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 05:39
- Hits: 1626
Despite having interviewed two applicants, Linda Crandell and Polly Parks, the Colonial Beach Town Council could not reach a consensus on whom to appoint to fill the vacant seat left by Tim Curtin, who resigned on Nov. 14. The council voted five-to-one to appoint George “Pete” Bone to serve until the special election.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:20
- Hits: 1864
The Colonial Beach Town Council met on Monday, Dec. 9, to interview two candidates to fill the town council seat left vacant by Tim Curtin when he resigned last month.
The candidates interviewed were Linda Crandell and Polly Parks.