- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:25
- Published on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 11:25
- Hits: 952
Colonial Beach Town Council performed several house cleaning tasks during their Jan 14 meeting.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:43
- Published on Tuesday, 05 January 2016 09:43
- Hits: 1148
Colonial Beach is one of three towns to be included in a survey of historic resources conducted by the Virginia Department of Historical Resources, partnered with Northern Neck, Tidewater and Eastern Shore localities.
DHR was awarded funding from a larger $1.5 million Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Assistance Grant back in 2014 for historic properties and national park services. The grant funds research to identify future risk of storm damage and planning to protect from storms for historical properties.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:56
- Published on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 11:56
- Hits: 1500
The Colonial Beach Town Council heard staff reports on failing and dangerous sidewalks within the town, at its Aug. 27 council work session.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:47
- Published on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:47
- Hits: 1502
Despite a plea from Planning Commission Chair Robin Schick, the Colonial Beach Town Council will hold off action on amendments that will affect the sale of artwork by Artisan Trail participants in Colonial Beach until the affected zoning ordinances can be reviewed by council.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:25
- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 16:25
- Hits: 1743
Colonial Beach has, and continues to, undergo continuous infrastructural work right below residents feet.
However, many citizens don’t even know the work is taking place. Recently a group of residents criticized the council and town staff for failing to work on the town’s infrastructure. The remarks came at public hearings on the recently approved real estate tax increase.