- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 10:01
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 10:01
- Hits: 416
Town Clerk Kathy Flanagan sent out an instant alert on Monday, June 16, announcing that Town Hall will close early this week to began mold remediation over the weekend.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 12:10
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 01:05
- Hits: 604
At the June 9 Colonial Beach Town Council work session, Town Manger Val Foulds revealed that air quality tests confirmed three types of mold present in Town Hall, one of which is commonly referred to as “black mold”. Foulds also discussed safety concerns and other repair issues during the work session.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:54
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:53
- Hits: 599
At the Colonial Beach public hearings on tax increases and utility hikes, the Town Council got an ear full. Residents spoke out on raising real estate taxes, marina and boat owners spoke out against reinstating the boat tax, and a few brave citizens spoke in support of raising taxes and fees, getting some negative reactions by the majority of the crowd.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 656
On April 28, the Colonial Beach Town Council decided to go through the 2014-2015 fiscal year budget line by line, to see where they could make cuts. After five hours on Monday, both Councilwomen Linda Brubaker and Wanda Goforth they had not accomplished a thing.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:00
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:00
- Hits: 910
In Colonial Beach, the town’s sewer fund is currently losing money. The town council has been warned since 2012, but so far, the council has not taken action to rectify the problem. The 2012 council went so far as to raise water rates, but lower connection fees, resulting in user fees being used to subsidize the connection fees.