- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:48
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:48
- Hits: 1151
Those “damn kids” are words that will follow Councilman Chiarello for years to come.
Public comments and citizen support for the town’s school system took center stage at the CB Town Council meeting held on Thursday, June 12. Many of the speakers supporting the school system were very passionate, and at times, some speakers seemed shaken with anger, frustration or nervousness.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 10:01
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 10:01
- Hits: 572
Town Clerk Kathy Flanagan sent out an instant alert on Monday, June 16, announcing that Town Hall will close early this week to began mold remediation over the weekend.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 12:10
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 01:05
- Hits: 785
At the June 9 Colonial Beach Town Council work session, Town Manger Val Foulds revealed that air quality tests confirmed three types of mold present in Town Hall, one of which is commonly referred to as “black mold”. Foulds also discussed safety concerns and other repair issues during the work session.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:54
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 12:53
- Hits: 748
At the Colonial Beach public hearings on tax increases and utility hikes, the Town Council got an ear full. Residents spoke out on raising real estate taxes, marina and boat owners spoke out against reinstating the boat tax, and a few brave citizens spoke in support of raising taxes and fees, getting some negative reactions by the majority of the crowd.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 755
On April 28, the Colonial Beach Town Council decided to go through the 2014-2015 fiscal year budget line by line, to see where they could make cuts. After five hours on Monday, both Councilwomen Linda Brubaker and Wanda Goforth they had not accomplished a thing.