- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 09:44
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 09:44
- Hits: 336
Time is running out for registration for the 2015 Potomac River Festival Pageants and the Miss Colonial Beach Pageant.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 09:38
- Published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 09:38
- Hits: 661
Virginia State Police have announced the arrest of three suspects in connection with the 2014 fire that destroyed the Colonial Beach Elementary School building on Douglas Avenue.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 10:16
- Published on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 10:11
- Hits: 673
Colonial Beach students participated in two events rolled into one on Earth Day.
Ground was broken for a pair gardens at the First Street School, which will contain Willow Oak and Flowering Understory trees, both native to Virginia.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 April 2015 09:34
- Published on Tuesday, 21 April 2015 09:32
- Hits: 859
No matter the season, whatever the weather, the Colonial Beach Municipal Pier remains a top attraction for fishermen, boaters, tourists and area residents.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:54
- Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:51
- Hits: 1007
Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Chief David Robey was on his way to Hughsville, MD when he spotted the house fire.
The burning home was on Route 6 in Charles County, MD. Acting on instinct, he pulled over and called 911 to report the blaze. He then approached the burning house and banged on the door in an effort to find out if anyone was inside.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:06
- Published on Tuesday, 31 March 2015 10:03
- Hits: 5078
Donkey Basketball is here to stay. On March 26 at Colonial Beach High School, basketball fans from across the county came out to support the teachers, students, administrative staff, town officials and business owners play against each other while riding a donkey.
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 March 2015 15:43
- Published on Monday, 23 March 2015 15:43
- Hits: 1147
A busload of students from the University of Minnesota came to Colonial Beach last week to “pay it forward” by doing community service work at Colonial Beach Baptist Church.
“I really like it,” said student Jadie Jopp of Elk River, MN. “You get to build your leadership skills and meet cool people along the way.”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 13:00
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 13:00
- Hits: 3694
Dean Nininger, whose family has been operating Shady Lane Seafood in Colonial Beach for 47 years and selling fresh seafood to customers from Virginia and Maryland, will open the Shady Lane Crab House at the Beach before the end of the month.