- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:42
- Hits: 4695
Colonial Beach celebrated its 36th Annual Rod Run to the Beach on Aug. 15. Classical Hot Rod owners got together for a day of fun on Town Hill with music, food and a little showing off.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:47
- Hits: 1390
Local and state law enforcement, fire and rescue personnel gathered in Colonial Beach on Aug. 4 to build relationships with the community. Parents and kids got the chance to climb in and explore various vehicles used by first responders during the National Night Out program.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:42
- Hits: 4792
Come out and join other dog lovers on Aug. 8 for a doggone good time. You and your K-9 companion can compete for fun and for prizes while helping to raise money for the humane society.
Competitions include fetching, agility, water retrieval, Frisbee toss and find-a-bone.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 12:06
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 12:05
- Hits: 4890
The Downtown Colonial Beach Steering Committee is now operating with a board of directors, complete with officers. The group made the move in order to apply for incorporation and non-profit status.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 10:07
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 10:10
- Hits: 1755
For Colonial Beach taxpayers concerned about a new tax increase, caused by a $400,000 shortfall in the 2016 school system budget, the solution to the problem might be 20 miles down the road in Momtross.
Westmoreland County officials said recently that merging the independent Colonial Beach schools with the Westmoreland County school system could save the two jurisdictions as much as $2.5 million a year.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:47
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:46
- Hits: 1010
If you’re interested in growing your own fresh vegetables, it’s not too late to rent a plot at the Colonial Beach Community Garden.
Located on Washington Avenue, the garden is hosted by the Colonial Beach Historical Society.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 13:49
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 13:47
- Hits: 5675
Residents of Colonial Beach enjoyed a grand time Saturday night as the town set off fireworks to mark America’s 239 birthday. The show capped off a weekend of activities celebrating freedom and independence.
Photo by Linda Farneth
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 12:44
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 12:44
- Hits: 5505
Out of 30 properties located in the downtown revitalization area only eight property owners have submitted an application to take advantage of available facade improvement grant money.