- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:18
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:18
- Hits: 765
A few lucky, willing, residents of Colonial Beach soon may move from rental units to home ownership through a grant offered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
Colonial Beach drinking water contamination determination to notify public lies with Health Department
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 11:05
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 13:33
- Hits: 2406
On July 23, at 10:15 a.m., The Journal spoke with Bennett Ragnauth, Engineering Field Director from Virginia Department of Health East Central Field Office of Drinking Water.
The Town of Colonial Beach is required to take 4 routine water samples per month. The samples are then sent to the State Lab for testing. These samples are tested for Total Coliform, which is an indicator there could be other organisms present. If a sample tests positive for Total Coliform, then it is further tested for E. coli.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 12:11
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 11:54
- Hits: 1168
Don't drink the water, until it is boiled
Public Works Director Rob Murphy said that E-Coli bacteria has been found in a sample of the water system. It is confined to a specific area however he was not at liberty to give out that information and stated that all water in CB should be boiled for 3 minutes for safety precautions.
- Last Updated on Friday, 25 July 2014 12:36
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:56
- Hits: 896
Residents and visitors to Colonial Beach often walk the shores of the Potomac or prowl the town’s antiques stores looking for treasure. But Colonial Beach’s real treasure is a whip smart 87-year-old, independent-minded woman with a big heart, named Ellie Caruthers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:53
- Hits: 754
Colonial Beach School Board members are very excited to welcome back former CB Elementary School Principal, Kevin Newman, as the new Superintendent of Colonial Beach Schools.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:52
- Hits: 750
Colonial Beach will host the UWP- IJSBA Watercross National Tour, Liberty Cup portion of the National Jet Ski Competition for the fifth year in a row from July 18 - 20.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Hits: 848
The long planned second phase of the Potomac Renaissance Condominiums in Colonial Beach began building upward this week with the arrival of a heavy industrial crane and the careful lifting and installation of pre-built modular units.
- Last Updated on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:32
- Published on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:31
- Hits: 593
To facilitate the Fifth Annual International Jet Ski Races July 18-20, Taylor Street from Wilder Ave. to Hawthorne Street will be closed to thru traffic, starting the evening of Thursday, July 17, and will remain closed until Sunday evening, July 20.