- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:48
- Published on Monday, 24 November 2014 14:15
- Hits: 2528
King George clinic owners ready to take over facility
Not so fast.
The planned closure of the Colonial Beach Medical Center at the end of December has been staved off, and it will be donated to the owners of a nonprofit health clinic in King George.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:30
- Published on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 15:30
- Hits: 1661
Month-long drive yields about 2,100 pounds of food to be distributed by CB Baptist Church
Local Scouts in Colonial Beach and Oak Grove have collected about 2,100 pounds of food for the needy this holiday season.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 November 2014 10:15
- Published on Wednesday, 05 November 2014 10:15
- Hits: 2241
Edward Blunt, Michael Looney and Burkett Lyburn have won four-year terms to the Colonial Beach Town Council.
The three were the top vote-getters in the Nov. 4 election, with Blunt leading the way with 558 of the 916 votes cast, election officials reported. Looney (452) and Lyburn (414) also easily outpaced the rest of the field.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:53
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:53
- Hits: 1527
While the final numbers from the first Colonial Beach Bike Fest won’t be known until December when the meals and lodging taxes have been paid, Chamber of Commerce President Carey Geddes said the event yielded positive results.
Geddes is hopeful local businesses will report double or triple their sales compared to what they reported last October. Geddes said the chamber paid $650 in meals taxes, which equates to about $13,000 in revenue.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:51
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:51
- Hits: 1247
The Colonial Beach High School PTA sponsored several homecoming events Oct. 31. The evening began with a parade from the old elementary campus up Colonial Avenue and ending at the high school. After arriving at the school, attendees enjoyed music, hot dogs and pizza. The seniors took the win during a tug-of-war competition.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:48
- Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:48
- Hits: 1638
Faces were beaming, despite carrying heavy loads of boxes, chairs, desks and other school supplies after Colonial Beach Superintendent Kevin Newman got the all clear to start moving into the new elementary school mod pods.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:18
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:18
- Hits: 1940
This year, the Colonial Beach PTA, Chamber of Commerce and Volunteer Rescue Squad are teaming up with Custom Cartz and Coldwell Banker Elite to combine fall activities into one big day on Town Hill from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 25.