- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 10:47
- Hits: 2112
Due to the relocation of
The Town Manager’s Office, Town Clerk’s Office and Treasurer’s Office
Town Hall Offices will be closed to the public on
Thursday, September 4, 2014 and
Friday, September 5, 2014
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:26
- Published on Wednesday, 03 September 2014 00:26
- Hits: 2427
Today, the facility sits silently behind fences and yellow tape.
It’s a far cry from the raucous scenes that played out for 102 years of Drifters’ pride that occurred at the former Colonial Beach High School.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:11
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:11
- Hits: 2005
The Yellow Ribbon Fund is well-known for its work in bridging the gaps in funding and care for injured military men and women while they are recovering.
More than two dozen injured fighting men and women will be honored Sept. 7 in Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 13:21
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 13:21
- Hits: 1834
The Colonial Beach Rescue Squad will be allowed to remain in its home despite safety concerns expressed by the town’s building inspector.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:24
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:19
- Hits: 1892
Eagle Scout project brings new pole to CB High School
For more than a year, Joseph Baker helped raise the American Flag at the Colonial Beach High School. So it was no surprise when Baker decided to make adding a new flagpole his Eagle Scout Project.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:17
- Hits: 1549
At the Aug 14 Colonial Beach Town Council Meeting, the public hearing to amend the the town’s nuisance ordinance was anything but structured or productive so the council voted to table the ordinance.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:18
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:18
- Hits: 1941
A few lucky, willing, residents of Colonial Beach soon may move from rental units to home ownership through a grant offered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
Colonial Beach drinking water contamination determination to notify public lies with Health Department
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 11:05
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 13:33
- Hits: 3963
On July 23, at 10:15 a.m., The Journal spoke with Bennett Ragnauth, Engineering Field Director from Virginia Department of Health East Central Field Office of Drinking Water.
The Town of Colonial Beach is required to take 4 routine water samples per month. The samples are then sent to the State Lab for testing. These samples are tested for Total Coliform, which is an indicator there could be other organisms present. If a sample tests positive for Total Coliform, then it is further tested for E. coli.