- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 00:03
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 00:03
- Hits: 2180
The Maryland Marine Police have announced that the body of a kayaker who has been missing on the Potomac River since May 7 was found Saturday by three fishermen.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:31
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:30
- Hits: 2167
Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce President Carey Geddes confirmed Monday that the group has been in negotiations with the agent for the band Molly Hatchet.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:28
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:28
- Hits: 1498
Police are looking for a suspect who attempted to rob the River Edge Inn in Colonial Beach early Saturday morning. Luckily, the would-be robber left with no money, and no employees were harmed. Colonial Beach Police Chief Legg and Sergeant M.A. Russo responded.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:27
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 12:27
- Hits: 1749
CB School Board Chairman Tim Trivett announced at the May 14 School Board Meeting that he had denied the CB Town Council’s request for copies of a letter from Vacorp, the school’s insurance company, which gave reasons for denying the school’s claim. Trivett said he did this on the advice of the school’s attorney.
At a prior meeting of the council on May 8, School Board Superintendent Kathleen Beane was on hand to answer questions from council members.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:27
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:27
- Hits: 1947
Westmoreland County Supervisor Larry Roberson informed the CB Town Council that the county supervisors would meet on Monday. He said that like everyone else, the county’s planning to raise taxes. “The county is looking at a $0.04 per $100 increase” (in real estate taxes).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:22
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:22
- Hits: 2401
Colonial Beach Schools Superintendent Kathleen Beane showed up at the town council meeting on May 8 to answer any questions that the council may have had. However, after she left, some council members expressed strong feelings towards the school board and voiced their opinions, while Westmoreland County Supervisor Larry Roberson, who is married to School Board Member Vicki Roberson, stood up for the school system as a citizen.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 00:00
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 00:00
- Hits: 2258
A lot of numbers have been given out by both Council and School officials during the 20-plus hours spent on the budget. School officials quote the difference between what they are asking for and what they received last year. Town officials quote the difference between what the State requires the Town to pay the School and what the School is asking for. Both figures are very different and serve the purpose of the ones quoting them.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:45
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:45
- Hits: 1967
Several citizens, teachers and school staff turned out on Tuesday to speak at the Town Council meeting on April 10 to compel the council to approve funding for the high school repairs.