- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:18
- Published on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:18
- Hits: 6628
Recent surveys have shown the blue crab population in the Chesapeake Bay and the Potomac River is at the highest level in four years, but Dean Nininger, whose family has been crabbing in the Potomac for 55 years, said the recent rains are causing a temporary problem.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:41
- Published on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:41
- Hits: 6770
Despite the rainy weather Saturday, the Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department Women's Auxiliary raised money for the fire department with a $10 per plate fish fry at the firehouse.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 13:16
- Published on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 13:15
- Hits: 6459
John Parks, a 17-year-old Colonial Beach High School student whose great grandfather, grandfather and father worked or work as auto body repairmen, is headed to Kentucky this summer for a national auto body competition.
Parks, a junior at CBHS, finished in first place in the SkillsUSA district competition in February and then won the state SkillsUSA collision repair competition on April 16 in Fredericksburg. Now he is preparing for the national SkillsUSA championship to be held June 20-24 in Louisville, KY.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 13:02
- Published on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 13:02
- Hits: 6133
The Colonial Beach Foundation, a not-for-profit community corporation, with IRS 501(c)(3) designation, has recently added some additional community members to its Board of Directors.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 00:53
- Published on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 00:53
- Hits: 3640
POTOMAC RIVER FESTIVAL AND
CB FIRE DEPT. CONTEST These contests will be held on Sunday, June 5th at the CBVFD. Boy’s and Girl’s 6 months - 12 months and 1 - 2 years will be at 1:30. Boy’s and Girl’s 3 - 4 and Girl’s Only 5 - 6 will be at 2 p.m. NON-REFUNDABLE $20.00 Entry Fee. NOTE: If your child has won in any age group, they cannot be in that age group again.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 11:36
- Published on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 11:34
- Hits: 7011
Construction firm says it’s ready for permit
Megan O'Connell from Skanska construction company gave an update on the new elementary school project at the April 13 Colonial Beach School Board meeting. Skanska is overseeing the new elementary school project.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 12:12
- Published on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 12:12
- Hits: 9010
The Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce recently held its 2015 awards dinner at High Tides on the Potomac.
Several distinguished guests attended the dinner including town of Colonial Beach Mayor Mike Ham, Town Manager Val Fould and Colonial Beach Chief of Police Danny Plott.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:59
- Published on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:59
- Hits: 8745
Colonial Beach Mayor Mike Ham asked the town Planning Commission not to try to redesign the new elementary school during an April 7 public hearing to approve the conditional use permit to place the new elementary school building at the First Street campus.
Commissioners expressed concerns they had for potential problems that may arise from the design of the building. Commissioner comments continued for almost 20 minutes after the public hearing portion opened and closed with no one from the public speaking on the matter.