- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Hits: 849
The long planned second phase of the Potomac Renaissance Condominiums in Colonial Beach began building upward this week with the arrival of a heavy industrial crane and the careful lifting and installation of pre-built modular units.
- Last Updated on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:32
- Published on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:31
- Hits: 595
To facilitate the Fifth Annual International Jet Ski Races July 18-20, Taylor Street from Wilder Ave. to Hawthorne Street will be closed to thru traffic, starting the evening of Thursday, July 17, and will remain closed until Sunday evening, July 20.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 11:26
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 11:25
- Hits: 678
On June 12, Commissioners, staff and guests gathered to unveil the new sign naming the Potomac River Fisheries Building, on 222 Taylor St. in Colonial Beach, after Mr. Kirby A. “AC” Carpenter for his many years of dedicated service to the Commission.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:52
- Hits: 441
CB Museum Curator Mitzi Saffos and Mayor Mike Ham both shake hands with Art Buswell while honoring him for his dedication and generous support for the Colonial Beach Museum.
A large crowd accompanied the three in unveiling the new museum sign created by collaborating artists Kathy Waltermire, Doris Barbee and Velia Jacobo. The event was hosted by the Colonial Beach Historical Society on July 3, 2014.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Hits: 813
Colonial Beach Police Chief Elizabeth, “Libby” Legg is taking a second look at police dispatch through the county, with Council’s approval.
One year after consolidating police dispatch with Westmoreland County, the nearly identical council that voted unanimously to the move, has agreed to allow Chief Legg to explore the advantages and disadvantages to police dispatch consolidation.
Legg said, “The move didn’t make it new! We still are operating with the same system; it just got moved.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:17
- Hits: 987
After only 4 meetings with Jerry Davis, Executive Director of the Northern Neck Planning District Commission (NNPDC), the Colonial Beach Revitalization Management Team successfully submitted an application for a Community Development Block Grant and was awarded the requested $747,000 last week by Gov. Terry McAuliffe. The block grant will fund revitalization efforts in the downtown area of Colonial Beach. The grant is referred to as the Revitalization Grant for clarity.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:06
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:06
- Hits: 821
The 3rd Annual Save the Bay Day clean-up in Colonial Beach drew a crowd of volunteers to the Colonial Beach Yacht Basin Saturday. Armed with large orange trash bags, the energetic group of citizens and volunteers then fanned out across the peninsula to pick up litter and debris.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 11:04
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 11:04
- Hits: 755
Despite heavy rain earlier in the day, Friday the 13th still had a good turnout for the Art Walk.
The Potomac River Fisheries Commission is currently featuring work by photographers Sharon Jones, Elcy Leshley, J.B. Waltermire, Ellen Cosby, Rob Rudick, Connie Canby, Susan Tilt, Dr. Peter Fahrney, Fred Perrine and Kathryn Murray.