- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:18
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:31
- Hits: 1763
At the December Colonial Beach Planning Commission meeting, Director of Building and Zoning Gary Mitchel and Josh Frederick, brought forward a very rough draft of a zoning regulation change that would permit Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU) in Colonial Beach. Currently the town is not zoned for these but
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:05
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:05
- Hits: 1671
Last year the town received a planning grant of $35,000 to pay for Lands Studio to organize meetings, studies and complete upgrades to the Comprehensive Plan as well as draft an application for a $750,000 Revitalization Grant which the town did not receive.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:59
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:59
- Hits: 1789
After almost a year long battle with town officials, Monroe Point developer Johnathan Natelson can put utility bills to rest. Budget Committee Chairman Mike Ham announced last Thursday that the town’s bill to Monroe Point for water usage was almost ten grand over the amount due.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:20
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:03
- Hits: 2415
GEICO Insurance Corporation has donated a police equipped golf cart to the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office for patrol and support services. In addition to assisting our operations at festivals, parades, holiday celebrations and other events held throughout the county, this specialized vehicle will efficiently and effectively enhance our Community Policing Initiatives.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:57
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:57
- Hits: 1952
A large group of volunteer elves, many who wish to remain anonymous, have worked tirelessly to prepare Town Hill to receive Santa and Mrs. Claus this coming Saturday. The volunteers have decorated the hill, setting up lights, decorations, sound equipment and activity areas. There is also a nice gingerbread house to receive Santa and Mrs. Clause.
With the help of Public Works, the group has lined Colonial and Washington with snowflake lights to lead Santa to the Winter Wonderland on the Hill.
The event is hosted by the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce but is only successful due to the volunteers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:08
- Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 13:07
- Hits: 1932
What began as a way to show her son that he will always be loved, honored, respected and, more importantly, never forgotten, has turned into a chance for other parents and relatives to send messages to loved ones who served in the military and have since passed away.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:08
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:08
- Hits: 2234
An immediate financial impact of the Tides Mill Bridge closing has been felt by the two businesses on either side of the bridge.
Shady Lane Seafood and Wilkersons Restaurant have seen a huge decline in business since the closing.
When asked if the bridge closing has had an influence on sales, an employee of Wilkersons who wished to remain anonymous pointed to the one table with four patrons on Saturday afternoon and said, “Oh Ya, it’s made a difference.”