- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Hits: 1577
During the Christmas holidays in 1982, popular Westmoreland County Commonwealth’s Attorney Robert Fox lamented to a gathering of friends that he was concerned about the number of county residents who were without gifts, food or friendship during the holiday season. “I want to do something to help them,” he said.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Published on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Hits: 7219
Residents of the Beachgate Inn in Colonial Beach have had more than their fair share of tragedy this year with a stabbing incident that resulted in a death in October and a vehicle accident last week that killed a pedestrian standing near his car. Now they have until Dec. 27 to find a new home.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:42
- Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:36
- Hits: 2807
A 62 year old man was pronounced dead shortly after being struck by a vehicle while standing next to his car in the parking lot of the Beachgate Hotel located at 800 Colonial Avenue in Colonial Beach on the morning of Dec. 19.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:48
- Hits: 1808
Colonial Beach Town Council made quick work of their last scheduled meeting for the year 2012. During the meeting, which lasted just under an hour, the council held two public hearings, passed six resolutions, and approved one amendment.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:44
- Hits: 1419
Colonial Beach School Interim Superintendent Kathleen Beane announced by phone that officials from the town, school and police met this weekend to discuss safety issues at the school.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:17
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:38
- Hits: 1781
The Colonial Beach Revitalization committee held a special meeting to provide a venue to engage local business and property owners located within the historic commercial core (Colonial and Washington Avenues).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:18
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:31
- Hits: 1809
At the December Colonial Beach Planning Commission meeting, Director of Building and Zoning Gary Mitchel and Josh Frederick, brought forward a very rough draft of a zoning regulation change that would permit Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU) in Colonial Beach. Currently the town is not zoned for these but