- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:37
- Hits: 2230
Hazardous conditions were uncovered at the Beachgate Inn after a vehicle stuck and killed a pedestrian and left severe damage to the building.
When police arrived on the scene they determined that a 72-year-old man had passed out from a medical condition while driving his car down Euclid Ave. towards Colonial Ave. around 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. The vehicle
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 12:04
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:49
- Hits: 1811
The 1st annual “Shop with the Sheriff” program was held this week to the delight of 25 children, ages 4 to 14, who were treated to a shopping trip at Walmart and then food and music at the King George YMCA. The event was sponsored by the King George County Sheriff’s office, the YMCA, Walmart and Foote Title.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Hits: 1632
During the Christmas holidays in 1982, popular Westmoreland County Commonwealth’s Attorney Robert Fox lamented to a gathering of friends that he was concerned about the number of county residents who were without gifts, food or friendship during the holiday season. “I want to do something to help them,” he said.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Published on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Hits: 7380
Residents of the Beachgate Inn in Colonial Beach have had more than their fair share of tragedy this year with a stabbing incident that resulted in a death in October and a vehicle accident last week that killed a pedestrian standing near his car. Now they have until Dec. 27 to find a new home.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:42
- Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:36
- Hits: 2853
A 62 year old man was pronounced dead shortly after being struck by a vehicle while standing next to his car in the parking lot of the Beachgate Hotel located at 800 Colonial Avenue in Colonial Beach on the morning of Dec. 19.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:48
- Hits: 1853
Colonial Beach Town Council made quick work of their last scheduled meeting for the year 2012. During the meeting, which lasted just under an hour, the council held two public hearings, passed six resolutions, and approved one amendment.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:44
- Hits: 1461
Colonial Beach School Interim Superintendent Kathleen Beane announced by phone that officials from the town, school and police met this weekend to discuss safety issues at the school.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:17
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:38
- Hits: 1827
The Colonial Beach Revitalization committee held a special meeting to provide a venue to engage local business and property owners located within the historic commercial core (Colonial and Washington Avenues).