- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 15:55
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:07
- Hits: 2103
Colonial Beach Town Council deliberated for almost an hour to decide to whom to award the lease agreement for the building on the Boardwalk located at 108 Taylor St.
In the past, competition between the leasers of this location and nearby vendors had turned into a media circus and been nicknamed “The Hot Dog War”.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 18:18
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 18:17
- Hits: 2349
Vice Chair Desiree P. Urquhart reluctantly resigned her position with the Colonial Beach Planning Commission after the March meeting. She has been called away to the family homestead in Zuni, VA, to care for her elderly mother on a full-time basis.
Urquhart moved to Colonial Beach six years ago, and became a member of the Planning Commission two years later. Her contributions to the Town will be felt for years to come.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 18:26
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:06
- Hits: 2229
At the continued April work session, Colonial Beach Town Council decided to advertise for bids for the lease of 108 Taylor St., due to be in by noon on Thursday, April 11. Town Manager Val Foulds also assured Council that the vendor program had been revised to keep “like” businesses from being placed in close proximity of each other. Councilman Gary Seeber asked to insert a clause saying that Council would not have to
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:53
- Hits: 2064
The annual Easter Egg Hunt for the children was held Saturday, with approximately sixty children in attendance as the truck from the Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department brought the Easter bunny to Town Hill. Joan Edwards, the Easter bunny, gave each child that sat on her lap an Easter egg from the White House Easter egg roll with Barack and
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:32
- Hits: 2155
About once every two years council members bring up the subject of school consolidation. Former Mayor Fred Rummage was often accused of trying to consolidate the town’s school system with Westmoreland County, which he denied in a school board meeting saying “I have never in my entire adult life not supported public education! I have not in my entire
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:14
- Hits: 3038
Notice to builders no April fools joke
Anyone wishing to seek a building permit in Colonial Beach will have to wait. Due to the council’s indecision, the Town of Colonial Beach is no longer in compliance with regulations that would allow them to issue building permits, according to R. V’lent Lassiter, Principal Environmental Planner of the Virginia Department of Conservation & Recreation.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:46
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:42
- Hits: 3251
Property owner William Entwisle is frustrated and worried over a sewage backup issue that occurs in his basement bathroom during power outages.
Entwisle lives at 209 Monroe St., near the bottom of a hill.
Entwisle, a veteran and retired firefighter, bought the house on Monroe St. three years ago. He has fond childhood
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:10
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:10
- Hits: 2618
Colonial Beach High School senior, and pitcher Karley Inscoe, is prepared to battle opposing hitters with her patented windmill fastball.