- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Hits: 888
Colonial Beach Police Chief Elizabeth, “Libby” Legg is taking a second look at police dispatch through the county, with Council’s approval.
One year after consolidating police dispatch with Westmoreland County, the nearly identical council that voted unanimously to the move, has agreed to allow Chief Legg to explore the advantages and disadvantages to police dispatch consolidation.
Legg said, “The move didn’t make it new! We still are operating with the same system; it just got moved.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:17
- Hits: 1058
After only 4 meetings with Jerry Davis, Executive Director of the Northern Neck Planning District Commission (NNPDC), the Colonial Beach Revitalization Management Team successfully submitted an application for a Community Development Block Grant and was awarded the requested $747,000 last week by Gov. Terry McAuliffe. The block grant will fund revitalization efforts in the downtown area of Colonial Beach. The grant is referred to as the Revitalization Grant for clarity.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:06
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:06
- Hits: 898
The 3rd Annual Save the Bay Day clean-up in Colonial Beach drew a crowd of volunteers to the Colonial Beach Yacht Basin Saturday. Armed with large orange trash bags, the energetic group of citizens and volunteers then fanned out across the peninsula to pick up litter and debris.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 11:04
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 11:04
- Hits: 809
Despite heavy rain earlier in the day, Friday the 13th still had a good turnout for the Art Walk.
The Potomac River Fisheries Commission is currently featuring work by photographers Sharon Jones, Elcy Leshley, J.B. Waltermire, Ellen Cosby, Rob Rudick, Connie Canby, Susan Tilt, Dr. Peter Fahrney, Fred Perrine and Kathryn Murray.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 12:20
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 12:20
- Hits: 848
The 2014 Colonial Yacht Club 63rd Annual Potomac River Festival Boat Parade was held on Sunday, June 8.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 12:03
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 12:03
- Hits: 833
Melanie Stimmell of Los Angeles and Anat Ronen of Houston were the talk of the town at the First Friday Art Walk in Montross last weekend to the delight of hundreds of admirers as they put the finishing touches to four large murals they have worked on for the Greater Montross Partnership for Revitalization.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 11:16
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 10:30
- Hits: 1529
The 2014 Potomac River Festival Baby Contest Winners are: