- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:53
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:53
- Hits: 1002
While the final numbers from the first Colonial Beach Bike Fest won’t be known until December when the meals and lodging taxes have been paid, Chamber of Commerce President Carey Geddes said the event yielded positive results.
Geddes is hopeful local businesses will report double or triple their sales compared to what they reported last October. Geddes said the chamber paid $650 in meals taxes, which equates to about $13,000 in revenue.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:51
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:51
- Hits: 797
The Colonial Beach High School PTA sponsored several homecoming events Oct. 31. The evening began with a parade from the old elementary campus up Colonial Avenue and ending at the high school. After arriving at the school, attendees enjoyed music, hot dogs and pizza. The seniors took the win during a tug-of-war competition.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:48
- Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:48
- Hits: 1058
Faces were beaming, despite carrying heavy loads of boxes, chairs, desks and other school supplies after Colonial Beach Superintendent Kevin Newman got the all clear to start moving into the new elementary school mod pods.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:18
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:18
- Hits: 983
This year, the Colonial Beach PTA, Chamber of Commerce and Volunteer Rescue Squad are teaming up with Custom Cartz and Coldwell Banker Elite to combine fall activities into one big day on Town Hill from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 25.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:26
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 10:00
- Hits: 884
Foulds says building was unsafe, and several residents complained
The Colonial Beach town manager said the former elementary school has to be torn down due to safety concerns and citizens’ complaints.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 13:25
- Published on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 09:58
- Hits: 895
About 10,000 attend first annual event in county
Bikers from D.C., Maryland and Virginia and points farther out gathered for the First Annual Bike Fest in Colonial Beach this weekend.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 10:18
- Hits: 6846
Money was the driving factor for the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce’s decision to discontinue hosting the Liberty Cup portion of the UWP-IJSBA Watercross National Tour Jet Ski races.