- Last Updated on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Published on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Hits: 10883
Residents of the Beachgate Inn in Colonial Beach have had more than their fair share of tragedy this year with a stabbing incident that resulted in a death in October and a vehicle accident last week that killed a pedestrian standing near his car. Now they have until Dec. 27 to find a new home.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:42
- Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:36
- Hits: 3502
A 62 year old man was pronounced dead shortly after being struck by a vehicle while standing next to his car in the parking lot of the Beachgate Hotel located at 800 Colonial Avenue in Colonial Beach on the morning of Dec. 19.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:48
- Hits: 2438
Colonial Beach Town Council made quick work of their last scheduled meeting for the year 2012. During the meeting, which lasted just under an hour, the council held two public hearings, passed six resolutions, and approved one amendment.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:44
- Hits: 1976
Colonial Beach School Interim Superintendent Kathleen Beane announced by phone that officials from the town, school and police met this weekend to discuss safety issues at the school.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:17
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:38
- Hits: 2499
The Colonial Beach Revitalization committee held a special meeting to provide a venue to engage local business and property owners located within the historic commercial core (Colonial and Washington Avenues).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:18
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:31
- Hits: 2578
At the December Colonial Beach Planning Commission meeting, Director of Building and Zoning Gary Mitchel and Josh Frederick, brought forward a very rough draft of a zoning regulation change that would permit Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU) in Colonial Beach. Currently the town is not zoned for these but
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:05
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:05
- Hits: 2722
Last year the town received a planning grant of $35,000 to pay for Lands Studio to organize meetings, studies and complete upgrades to the Comprehensive Plan as well as draft an application for a $750,000 Revitalization Grant which the town did not receive.