- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 14:04
- Published on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 14:04
- Hits: 1866
Don’t miss the 2nd Annual Colonial Beach Bike Fest, which will take place Oct. 8-11. This event will feature a variety of activities throughout that weekend including vendors, bike demos and much more.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 September 2015 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 15 September 2015 11:13
- Hits: 2308
Two Colonial Beach men have received one-year jail sentences for setting the fire 18 months ago that destroyed the 100-year-old Colonial Beach Elementary School.
The fire that destroyed the historic school disrupted classes for students and teachers and has damaged the finances of the school board and the town.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 September 2015 10:33
- Published on Wednesday, 09 September 2015 10:33
- Hits: 1477
Colonial Beach Schools held their open house last Thursday Sept 3. Students attending both the elementary and high school appeared excited to begin a new school year.
Many improvements have been completed just in time for the new year.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 10:31
- Published on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 10:31
- Hits: 1771
The Colonial Beach Town Council has announced its top three picks for the school demolition project.
After employing several criteria, the council chose the D. H. Griffin Wrecking Co. Inc, C.D. Hall Construction, Inc. and Akian, Inc. as the three most-suited contractors for the job. Griffin Wrecking Co being the top pick, will began negotiations with the town to finalize the contract.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 10:42
- Hits: 4989
Colonial Beach celebrated its 36th Annual Rod Run to the Beach on Aug. 15. Classical Hot Rod owners got together for a day of fun on Town Hill with music, food and a little showing off.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:47
- Hits: 1706
Local and state law enforcement, fire and rescue personnel gathered in Colonial Beach on Aug. 4 to build relationships with the community. Parents and kids got the chance to climb in and explore various vehicles used by first responders during the National Night Out program.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 04 August 2015 10:42
- Hits: 5056
Come out and join other dog lovers on Aug. 8 for a doggone good time. You and your K-9 companion can compete for fun and for prizes while helping to raise money for the humane society.
Competitions include fetching, agility, water retrieval, Frisbee toss and find-a-bone.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 12:06
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 12:05
- Hits: 5338
The Downtown Colonial Beach Steering Committee is now operating with a board of directors, complete with officers. The group made the move in order to apply for incorporation and non-profit status.