- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:11
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 11:11
- Hits: 1664
The Colonial Beach Town Council has named Capt. Bruce Hough as the acting chief of police for a maximum of 90 days.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:33
- Published on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:33
- Hits: 3907
Problem still not resolved almost two months later. The Colonial Beach School Board’s staff has been displaced since Nov. 3 after the office’s Internet connection was cut by contractors working on the Potomac Renaissance Condos on Taylor Street, according to school officials.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:31
- Published on Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:29
- Hits: 1485
Apparently, you can teach good behavior.
The Colonial Beach Elementary School started a new program seven weeks ago, Drifter Pride, aimed at teaching, encouraging and reinforcing good behavior among its students.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:22
- Published on Tuesday, 23 December 2014 10:22
- Hits: 1573
Her last day will be Jan. 2
Colonial Beach Police Department Chief Elizabeth Legg is resigning at the start of the year, ending her nine-month tenure as the town’s top cop.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 13:53
- Published on Tuesday, 02 December 2014 13:53
- Hits: 1410
Money generated after bond, insurance payment top cost to move students, fix school
After several years of disaster-laden lumps of coal, Colonial Beach officials have found themselves with quite the stocking stuffer this year — $1.2 million.
For some time, town officials have feared they would not be able to find adequate money to relocate elementary students displaced by one disaster after another.
However, after several developments, the town has found itself with a surplus of about $1.2 million heading into 2015.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:35
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:35
- Hits: 1230
Eight residents are counting on the town winning a housing-needs grant to see improved living conditions in Colonial Beach.
However, Northern Neck Planning District Commission Director Jerry Davis said that with the current projects and grant applications, delaying the application may be a smart idea.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 13:48
- Published on Monday, 24 November 2014 14:15
- Hits: 1700
King George clinic owners ready to take over facility
Not so fast.
The planned closure of the Colonial Beach Medical Center at the end of December has been staved off, and it will be donated to the owners of a nonprofit health clinic in King George.