- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:27
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:27
- Hits: 1193
Westmoreland County Supervisor Larry Roberson informed the CB Town Council that the county supervisors would meet on Monday. He said that like everyone else, the county’s planning to raise taxes. “The county is looking at a $0.04 per $100 increase” (in real estate taxes).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:22
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 11:22
- Hits: 1273
Colonial Beach Schools Superintendent Kathleen Beane showed up at the town council meeting on May 8 to answer any questions that the council may have had. However, after she left, some council members expressed strong feelings towards the school board and voiced their opinions, while Westmoreland County Supervisor Larry Roberson, who is married to School Board Member Vicki Roberson, stood up for the school system as a citizen.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 00:00
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 00:00
- Hits: 1348
A lot of numbers have been given out by both Council and School officials during the 20-plus hours spent on the budget. School officials quote the difference between what they are asking for and what they received last year. Town officials quote the difference between what the State requires the Town to pay the School and what the School is asking for. Both figures are very different and serve the purpose of the ones quoting them.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:45
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 11:45
- Hits: 1389
Several citizens, teachers and school staff turned out on Tuesday to speak at the Town Council meeting on April 10 to compel the council to approve funding for the high school repairs.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:42
- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 11:41
- Hits: 1602
On Thursday March 27 Deputy Antwan Smith had the opportunity to speak to the Colonial Beach Pre-Kindergarten Class at Oak Grove Baptist Church.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:19
- Hits: 2140
One may call it fate or destiny, but the similarity between two women, Olga Farneth and Velia Jacobo, have strengthened a friendship and helped each other in their paths to recovery.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 10:53
- Hits: 3140
Colonial Beach Town Council formally introduced Elizabeth “Libby” Legg as the town’s new permanent Chief of Police.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:15
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:15
- Hits: 2206
Cub Scout Pack 258, with the support of the CB Volunteer Rescue Squad, held an “I Love You Dinner” fundraiser on Friday, Feb. 21. Over 45 tickets were sold for a wonderful dinner prepared by the Melson and Meler families of Pack 258. Many of the boys volunteered to help set up tables, put up decorations and peel the many pounds of potatoes needed.