- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 13:00
- Published on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 13:00
- Hits: 4975
Dean Nininger, whose family has been operating Shady Lane Seafood in Colonial Beach for 47 years and selling fresh seafood to customers from Virginia and Maryland, will open the Shady Lane Crab House at the Beach before the end of the month.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 10:16
- Published on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 10:16
- Hits: 1968
The Colonial Beach Community Care Clinic opening again has been postponed.
Company President Arlene Jacovelli said the clinic still is awaiting all its credentials from various agencies and it may not be ready to open its 700 McKinney Blvd. location until June 1, she said.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:35
- Hits: 2970
A March 4 preliminary hearing has been scheduled in Westmoreland Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court for Sierra S. Dillon, a former Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy charged with second-degree murder.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:55
- Published on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:54
- Hits: 2336
Program teaches students benefits of community service
Colonial Beach High School seniors Brooke Payne and Kadera Lyburn have turned community service into a passion.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:48
- Published on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:47
- Hits: 3040
A Colonial Beach woman is being held in the Northern Neck Regional Jail in lieu of $80,000 bond after being charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless handling of a firearm in connection with a fatal shooting Jan. 27 at a Colonial Beach residence.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:42
- Published on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 10:42
- Hits: 2294
Former mayor remembered for his love of Montross
Members of the Montross Town Council honored former Mayor R. David O’Dell Jr. at their meeting last week.
O’Del died Dec, 31 after a six-week illness.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 29 January 2015 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 28 January 2015 15:14
- Hits: 4222
The Colonial Beach Police Department is investigating the shooting death of a Colonial Beach woman.
Responding to a 911 call early Tuesday morning, officers discovered the body of Sharon Dickerson Smith. Police said Smith was shot to death in her home at 100 Hamilton St. After a preliminary investigation, officers arrested Sierra Seantaine Dillon and charged her with involuntary manslaughter and reckless handling of a firearm.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 09:46
- Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 09:46
- Hits: 2176
Last year’s council decision to cut money for fireworks for both the 4th of July and the Potomac River Festival weekend ignited a few sparks with the 2015 council during its recent work session.