- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 12:06
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 12:05
- Hits: 5370
The Downtown Colonial Beach Steering Committee is now operating with a board of directors, complete with officers. The group made the move in order to apply for incorporation and non-profit status.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 10:07
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 10:10
- Hits: 2116
For Colonial Beach taxpayers concerned about a new tax increase, caused by a $400,000 shortfall in the 2016 school system budget, the solution to the problem might be 20 miles down the road in Momtross.
Westmoreland County officials said recently that merging the independent Colonial Beach schools with the Westmoreland County school system could save the two jurisdictions as much as $2.5 million a year.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:47
- Published on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 09:46
- Hits: 1240
If you’re interested in growing your own fresh vegetables, it’s not too late to rent a plot at the Colonial Beach Community Garden.
Located on Washington Avenue, the garden is hosted by the Colonial Beach Historical Society.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 13:49
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 13:47
- Hits: 5900
Residents of Colonial Beach enjoyed a grand time Saturday night as the town set off fireworks to mark America’s 239 birthday. The show capped off a weekend of activities celebrating freedom and independence.
Photo by Linda Farneth
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 12:44
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 12:44
- Hits: 5740
Out of 30 properties located in the downtown revitalization area only eight property owners have submitted an application to take advantage of available facade improvement grant money.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 July 2015 15:17
- Published on Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:49
- Hits: 1467
Come celebrate America's 239th year of independence in Colonial Beach. Stroll the beach, swim, kayak, ski or boat in the waters of the Potomac River or Monroe Bay. July 4 will include a variety of events in and around Colonial Beach this year.
St. Elizabeth Catholic Church Bazaar, will hold a Yard Sale and Raffle from 8 am to 3 pm at 12 Lossing Ave.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:15
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 11:15
- Hits: 2442
Harley-Davidson, America’s iconic motorcycle brand, is coming to Colonial Beach. All-American Harley-Davidson, headquartered in Hughesville, MD, has announced it will be opening a store at the Beach next month.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 11:52
- Published on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 11:50
- Hits: 7833
With skyrockets, sailing yachts and St. Barnards, the 64th Annual Potomac Riverfest wrapped up Saturday night and Sunday and was labeled a success by Colonial Beach residents and visitors.