- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:28
- Hits: 3834
Steven Keene, General Manager of All-American Harly Davidson of Hughesville, Md. wants to bring BikeFest to Colonial Beach. He recently met with Carey Geddes, Director of the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and Brian and Vickie Coffman, owners of High Tides Restaurant about creating such an event before presenting the idea to Colonial Beach Town Council during their Sep. 26 work session.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 10 October 2013 13:37
- Published on Thursday, 10 October 2013 13:33
- Hits: 4033
The Westmoreland County Sheriff’s office has announced that Michael R. Bradshaw Jr. age 22 of Montross has been indicted on four felony charges in connection with the March 7 2013 armed robbery at the Colonial Beach 7-Eleven.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:46
- Hits: 3069
During the annual Drifter Homecoming Parade held Friday, Oct. 4, Colonial Beach School Board Superintendent Kathleen Beane (left) and Colonial Beach School Board member Vicki Roberson greet
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:45
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:45
- Hits: 2120
On the heels of expansions announced by two well-known Colonial Beach businesses last week, the Colonial Beach 7-Eleven began an extensive remodeling project this week. The store will remain open during the construction, which should be finished by Thanksgiving.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:20
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:20
- Hits: 2444
Two existing Colonial Beach business are in the process of expanding, a hopeful sign for the Westmoreland County economy which has been struggling for the past several years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:12
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:12
- Hits: 1562
For over a year, Joseph Baker has helped raise the American flag at Colonial Beach High School. So it was no surprise when Baker decided to make replacing the flagpole his Eagle Scout Project.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 10:01
- Published on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 10:01
- Hits: 3037
Jeff and Julie Malecha opened their new Colonial Beach coffee shop in 2005. They bought the old Esso Station property at 215 Washington Avenue and named it the Expresso Station.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 00:38
- Published on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 00:37
- Hits: 2521
Circuit Court Judge Joseph Ellis Friday sentenced William Baker to life in prison for the brutal slaying of Elizabeth “Niecey” Thompson at the Beach Gate Motel in Colonial Beach in Oct. 3, 2012.