- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 13:21
- Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 13:21
- Hits: 1564
The Colonial Beach Rescue Squad will be allowed to remain in its home despite safety concerns expressed by the town’s building inspector.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:24
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:19
- Hits: 1573
Eagle Scout project brings new pole to CB High School
For more than a year, Joseph Baker helped raise the American Flag at the Colonial Beach High School. So it was no surprise when Baker decided to make adding a new flagpole his Eagle Scout Project.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:17
- Hits: 1339
At the Aug 14 Colonial Beach Town Council Meeting, the public hearing to amend the the town’s nuisance ordinance was anything but structured or productive so the council voted to table the ordinance.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:18
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 00:18
- Hits: 1626
A few lucky, willing, residents of Colonial Beach soon may move from rental units to home ownership through a grant offered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
Colonial Beach drinking water contamination determination to notify public lies with Health Department
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 11:05
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 13:33
- Hits: 3631
On July 23, at 10:15 a.m., The Journal spoke with Bennett Ragnauth, Engineering Field Director from Virginia Department of Health East Central Field Office of Drinking Water.
The Town of Colonial Beach is required to take 4 routine water samples per month. The samples are then sent to the State Lab for testing. These samples are tested for Total Coliform, which is an indicator there could be other organisms present. If a sample tests positive for Total Coliform, then it is further tested for E. coli.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 12:11
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 11:54
- Hits: 1904
Don't drink the water, until it is boiled
Public Works Director Rob Murphy said that E-Coli bacteria has been found in a sample of the water system. It is confined to a specific area however he was not at liberty to give out that information and stated that all water in CB should be boiled for 3 minutes for safety precautions.
- Last Updated on Friday, 25 July 2014 12:36
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:56
- Hits: 1793
Residents and visitors to Colonial Beach often walk the shores of the Potomac or prowl the town’s antiques stores looking for treasure. But Colonial Beach’s real treasure is a whip smart 87-year-old, independent-minded woman with a big heart, named Ellie Caruthers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:53
- Hits: 1434
Colonial Beach School Board members are very excited to welcome back former CB Elementary School Principal, Kevin Newman, as the new Superintendent of Colonial Beach Schools.