- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 10:53
- Hits: 698
Colonial Beach School Board members are very excited to welcome back former CB Elementary School Principal, Kevin Newman, as the new Superintendent of Colonial Beach Schools.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:52
- Hits: 688
Colonial Beach will host the UWP- IJSBA Watercross National Tour, Liberty Cup portion of the National Jet Ski Competition for the fifth year in a row from July 18 - 20.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:47
- Hits: 805
The long planned second phase of the Potomac Renaissance Condominiums in Colonial Beach began building upward this week with the arrival of a heavy industrial crane and the careful lifting and installation of pre-built modular units.
- Last Updated on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:32
- Published on Monday, 14 July 2014 15:31
- Hits: 556
To facilitate the Fifth Annual International Jet Ski Races July 18-20, Taylor Street from Wilder Ave. to Hawthorne Street will be closed to thru traffic, starting the evening of Thursday, July 17, and will remain closed until Sunday evening, July 20.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 11:26
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 11:25
- Hits: 644
On June 12, Commissioners, staff and guests gathered to unveil the new sign naming the Potomac River Fisheries Building, on 222 Taylor St. in Colonial Beach, after Mr. Kirby A. “AC” Carpenter for his many years of dedicated service to the Commission.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:52
- Hits: 402
CB Museum Curator Mitzi Saffos and Mayor Mike Ham both shake hands with Art Buswell while honoring him for his dedication and generous support for the Colonial Beach Museum.
A large crowd accompanied the three in unveiling the new museum sign created by collaborating artists Kathy Waltermire, Doris Barbee and Velia Jacobo. The event was hosted by the Colonial Beach Historical Society on July 3, 2014.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:42
- Hits: 788
Colonial Beach Police Chief Elizabeth, “Libby” Legg is taking a second look at police dispatch through the county, with Council’s approval.
One year after consolidating police dispatch with Westmoreland County, the nearly identical council that voted unanimously to the move, has agreed to allow Chief Legg to explore the advantages and disadvantages to police dispatch consolidation.
Legg said, “The move didn’t make it new! We still are operating with the same system; it just got moved.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:17
- Hits: 947
After only 4 meetings with Jerry Davis, Executive Director of the Northern Neck Planning District Commission (NNPDC), the Colonial Beach Revitalization Management Team successfully submitted an application for a Community Development Block Grant and was awarded the requested $747,000 last week by Gov. Terry McAuliffe. The block grant will fund revitalization efforts in the downtown area of Colonial Beach. The grant is referred to as the Revitalization Grant for clarity.